Lost: The Hunting Party
Well, I actually got to catch up on two episodes last night. I watched the new one as well as the old one where Sun lost her wedding ring. I liked the new episode a lot. The flashbacks on Jack were so enlightening to his character and why he acts as he does. I actually identify with his character in quite a few ways which makes it particularly intriguing.
It seems that the writers are moving along in the plot line, which is good, but my only concern is that before too long there's going to be so many open-ended threads that it might be virtually impossible to finish/connect them. But that's me. I should never underestimate these writers. So now we know Zeke is for sure on the island and that he is presumably the leader of the Others. I loved the "Fire 'em up boys." There were so many good one-liners in this episode, most of course coming from Sawyer. His leaf and Mr. Clean comments had me laughing out loud. But there are so many open questions now surrounding the Others and Walt. Now it looks like Claire and her baby will re-enter the main storyline. I also thought it was strange that Mr. Eko was absent from the hunting party (or even the beach for that matter).
So, yeah, there's gonna be some shit going down soon between Jack & Co. and the Others. I'm with you dante, how long indeed...








2 Comments:
Who are Zeke and the rest? Why are they so secret and protective of the island? They seem like a bunch of elite kidnapping assholes. I guess everyone has a story.
I also noticed no Eko. He dominated last week's episode and was absent from this weeks.
5:06 AM, January 20, 2006
lb,
I can only guess that Zeke & Co. are the Others. Other than that, I don't know. I'm not convinced they're really connected with the Hatch guy, despite his comments to Locke. For example, wouldn't he know they have more guns in the Hatch? And why were the guns in the Hatch new while the one he held to Kate's head looked like an older one?
I'm confident there's a more elaborate storyline as to why they're so protective.
emmanuel,
It seems to me that Jack and Michael are acting in irrational ways for their own reason. Michael is going relatively insane b/c he doesn't have Walt and that's really at this point the only thing he cares about. Jack just has his jacked up issues and I think all the pressure (that he's mostly put on himself) of being a leader on a wacked out island for 50 days is getting to him. Not to mention Kate and Sawyer. But I was definitely surprised that Locke didn't speak up. I noticed that as well.
Ahh, the good old topicality days. I'm curious as to how the Public Forum debate works. Good luck with judging.
2:15 PM, January 20, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home