E's Introduction
Note: This is E speaking here even though it's posted by thewalrus.
I'm honored that all or any of you would deem me worthy of your attention.
If you knew me personally, then I believe that you would all think yourselves to be foolish.
I have had a family (in the traditional sense). Was in the army with a possibility for a career. Played football with potential for greatness. Killed. Escaped death when I deserved it...and on and on and on. None of this makes me any greater than anybody else that will ever draw a breath. The only difference between me and any of you is that I have found my reasons for life and you are still searching.
"If you would die for nothing, then that which you live for has no meaning."
When you come to the end of your days it will be a painful event. That is one of the facts of life that you can count on. Not something that I have heard or even something that I selfishly stick to as in one of my beliefs; but what I have seen.
The ultimate sacrifice is not your life. It is your soul. Were the chance to arise for me to give my life for the redemption of my soul, not only would I jump at it, I would lay myself down and praise that which would take me with the glee of an entity that has completed it's journey into the clearing at the end of the path.
Yes, I would stop the life of anyone and everything that would harm that which I love. The fact that you find this fact (about me or anyone else) to be amazing or even out of the ordinary, denotes that you would not; or would at least hesitate at the last minute. Thus, you may give yourself back to the creator; but would He consider you worth the taking?
In your Christian faith you think that your sins will be judged at the pearly gates when you die. I think your sins are judged on a consistant basis and there is a running tab on our souls.
I have been an enemy to many men. A real enemy. As I see it, the only path to redemption is to be the opposite to an equal amount of the same.
"Death to my enemy and love for my kin."
A noble concept and the reason for the majority of the evil in our world to date. Judge me and I'll have no qualms but if I was to ever have to deal with being a positive influence in your life then I'd do wrong intentionally. I chose my battles, and your dihn is one that I'd gladly fight to the end for. My reasons, my terms, and none other than my own.
To try to understand me is to invite insanity. My destination is a lonely place many have seen but chose to avoid out of distaste.
I have enjoyed your attention, but I know I don't deserve it. Leave me be or come to hell with me. The only redeeming factor will be your ability to be a silent savior for others. You can either let it go or enjoy our silent decent.
Decision?

27 Comments:
goldfishb,
what makes you so sure of your place. Have you received some revelation from God that the rest of us missed or are you just tuned in to the right stations. Also, what is that which you love and would surely stop the life of anyone harming this. Knowing E, I find it difficult to believe that he would stop anyone's life.
Side note
Go see Constantine if just to watch Lucifer get flipped off.
Peace. I be out.
1:46 AM, February 20, 2005
O.k.,
I'll jump in for a sec. I'm also thoroughly confused. Anonymous, are you goldfishb or are you responding to goldfishb? And if you're responding to goldfishb, then I have no idea what you're talking about simply b/c there has been no post by goldfishb.
I also can't really tell whether you're responding to E or dante35633. Please clear this up for us. Thanks for your contribution but you need to clarify some things. Not to mention, if you were responding to dante35633 (which, on second look, it looks like you probably aren't), you now have a serious challenge on your hands (I say this because dante35633 is forcefully but respectfully responding to you (essentially out of respect for me) so please return the favor with a response).
Also, you said "knowing E"--what do you mean by that? B/c as far as I know, nobody knows E on this site but me (if you do, I'll be incredibly amazed as it would be the most astounding coincidence imaginable). So, please, please, clear up this confusion for us so we can respond to you as you intend.
4:36 AM, February 20, 2005
Sorry if I caused confusion earlier. But the goldfishb was just a representation of who I am. Since I am not an avid bloggerer I don't have a nice name published for me. Next I was responding to E not you dante35633. Also, the Constintine comment was in jest. I enjoyed the fact that he flipped Lucifer off. In no way was I saying that it was the main reason to see the movie or that it was the cornerstone of what this movie was about, it was just something that made me laugh and that I thought we make everyone else laugh as well. Also, I am unsure of why you thought this comment was directed towards you. Again, sorry for any confusion.
walrus, I am sorry. I misinterpreted whom you were speaking of when you mentioned E. From now on I will not assume.
11:49 PM, February 20, 2005
tiredofwaiting,
Thanks for your comments. And even if you were being offensive, it wouldn't matter. You can be whoever you want to be at thesecondchance. So, thanks for biting. I'll let E respond to what you've said before I do as it is his post and I don't want to speak for him. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on my last comment in the "My Friend Who Will Kill You" comment thread. Thanks.
12:02 AM, February 21, 2005
goldfishb,
Thanks for clearing things up. You should become an avid blogger. I just did a few days ago and now I'm addicted. I appreciate your time and effort here. Just so you know, I have no idea who you are. E will respond to you soon I'm sure.
I'm interested to hear who you thought E was. E-mail me at shcslyons@hotmail if you don't want to post it.
12:10 AM, February 21, 2005
dante,
I'd like for you to expound on the language part (your 1st comment above) if you get a chance.
12:13 AM, February 21, 2005
E speaking,
Once again my apreciation.
If it would be possible, I'd like to have conversation with anybody that could offer an intelligent corespondence to the turmoil that is my mind.
I hope we can avoid making enemies out of each other, but I would like to speak on religion, politics, and life. The Walrus will arrange this.
As of right now, "Tired" and "Dante" have responses that I feel I owe. Please alow me to pay my debt.
My name is Eric.
E Bell is what they call me.
2:28 AM, February 21, 2005
Just to make sure it's clear, that's E speaking in the comment above, not goldfishb.
2:29 AM, February 21, 2005
Okay, this thread is cracking me up. It's such a nonfight, and Dante's more pissed than the walrus. (That sentence would make sense in virtually no other context.)I guess this is what happens when I leave for the weekend. I'll have to be more diligent.
E,
The ultimate sacrifice is not your life. It is your soul. Were the chance to arise for me to give my life for the redemption of my soul, not only would I jump at it, I would lay myself down and praise that which would take me with the glee of an entity that has completed it's journey into the clearing at the end of the path.I appreciate you for saying that. By the way, you're a heck of a writer. A couple of questions, though.
The walrus tells me you've been reading the dark tower series, and I hear echos of it in your post...it has been quite influential for you, it seems. I'm in #6 right now, love to talk about them sometime, though that might be a bad thing to do here, except as it regards the following quote from your post. "I chose my battles, and your dihn is one that I'd gladly fight to the end for." Now dihn is not a word I know outside of this series, but in that context it means the leader of a group bound by fate (ka-tet). Now, if you're refering to the dihn of the church, you have to mean Jesus. So your comment would mean something like, "you have a leader that I would gladly fight to the end for." But, I thought you didn't have any relationship with the God/man Jesus. so I can't make any sense out of what you said, mostly because it is exactly what I would say. However, the relationship with Jesus as dihn does not and cannot (friends, correct me if I'm wrong here, please) happen on "My reasons, my terms, and none other than my own." It must be on his terms, or so it seems to me. Or how else can he be my dihn, or perhaps "Lord"?
I am glad you have found the readons for your life...while I agree that my own identity is that of a searcher, I wouldn't say that means I don't have any reason for my life right now. Remember, we christians are terribly pretentious, but we haven't cornered the market. Perhaps it our humanity not our chirstianity that leads us to be so.
Your love is powerful, E. Is that where you find meaning? (this is only a question, not a challenge.)
1:10 PM, February 21, 2005
Well, I have been out of pocket this past weekend and I must say that I am pretty confused on a lot of this stuff you guys have been talking about...my vocabulary is somewhat being stretched by visiting this blog as well as my thinking. I have a few comments about e's post...
1. E, you have confused me a little...i'll just leave it at that for now
2. I would love to hear your thoughts on the apostle Paul's statement..."for me to live is Christ but do die is gain"...i realize this may be somewhat random but I am curious
3. What is someone you loved were about to harm another person that you loved...would you still kill for the one in harm's way???
later, 2coopers
2:03 PM, February 21, 2005
I haven't had much time to contribute here, and I also feel a little inadequate for such conversation, since everyone seems to have more to contribute for obvious reasons (age, experience, education). Yet I have a few comments...
I'm reminded of something I learned about in high school. An influential theologian, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, joined a plot to kill Hitler. Despite what kind of man Hilter was, I was surprised a theologian/minister would be a part of a murder plot. Then I began thinking, maybe Bonhoeffer would rather sacrifice his soul (on the basis of murder being a condenmable sin) for the sake of others.
E said "the ultimate sacrifice is not your life, but your soul"
Body and soul is an intersting topic in itself. Yes the soul is a greater sacrifice, if viewed as a separate entity than the body. However, the body and soul make up what we are, can they really be separate?
E said "Were the chance to arise for me to give my life for the redemption of my soul", a thought to think about is...if soul and body are one, as I am leaning to believe, then in fact giving up ones body would redeem your soul.
4:23 PM, February 21, 2005
E, this afternoon I think I resolved one of my questions to you. I think the misunderstanding was who I thought you were refering to by "dihn". In retrospect, I believe you were referring to the walrus. while I love and greatly respect the walrus, I would hesitate before calling him dihn, and don't think he would think of himself in those terms either.
dante, you rock.
6:49 PM, February 21, 2005
dante,
You're on to something here and I will comment more on this later, perhaps even make a post on it. I think you might be striking at something, however, which is at the very core of my apathy towards the church. But more on this later (I'm writing this so you can read it before you go to bed). Oh, and you violated the rules of thesecondchance by using first names of a fellow blogger. So, you owe me a Tanqueray and tonic, with two lime wedges.
1:25 AM, February 22, 2005
What do you mean? I don't see "the system" anywhere in his monicker. And this whole "monicker" term has just been introduced to me. Where the hell did that term come from anyway? Excuse my ignorance of blog vocabulary here. Regardless, you still owe me a drink. And consider this a warning for the rest of you; otherwise, you're going to have a drunk walrus on your hands. And that is, depending on the context, either entertaining or a hazard, and yet both a force to be reckoned with.
1:45 AM, February 22, 2005
You're gonna have to start a tab if you keep this up...
3:05 AM, February 22, 2005
stevepvc, 2coopers, and leigh botts,
I have some things to say in response to your comments but it's not for now as it is late.
goldfishb,
Dante's tirade was simply a misunderstanding. If you saw the battle he is fighting on this other weblog (adamkotsko.com), you would understand why he is shooting from the hip with nuclear weapons. So, accept his apology and continue with your comments; they are greatly valued.
3:19 AM, February 22, 2005
good grief Hobbes, that post was leviathan. BTW walrus, you probably should be aware that you know this newcomer before sorting through his essay (so that the troll/goldfishb scenario is not repeated.) Hobbes and I share a fraternal relationship.
-the system
11:13 AM, February 22, 2005
stevepvc,2coopers,leighbotts,hobbes,
I will respond to you as soon as I can. I have to get ready to go to work. All I do have to say now though is that hobbes wins several awards:
1)The obvious former debater award.
2)The longest comment on record at thesecondchance (and probably anywhere else) award.
3)The closest thing to blitzkrieg in the blogworld award.
2:23 PM, February 22, 2005
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
9:46 AM, February 23, 2005
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
12:36 PM, February 23, 2005
Okay Hobbes, Ill buy.
Which reminds me, shouldn't dante be buying me the drinks, since he revealed my name? or does the walrus get a cut of everything here?
12:39 PM, February 23, 2005
I think that's a great idea. A bought drink for a patron is by default also a bought drink for thewalrus.
3:06 PM, February 23, 2005
leigh botts,
I think you're really on to something with the body/soul stuff. Perhaps Christ's post-resurrection body is an example?
2coopers,
Good questions. Whenever E is over at my place again, I'm sure he'll address them.
thesystem,
I'm flattered that you would "hesitate to call me dinh." Bastard.
Hobbes,
Hopefully E can respond to your treatise soon although I'm confident he won't address all of it. He'd die of old age with a bad case of carpel tunnel syndrome.
2:51 AM, February 24, 2005
I will call you dinh if it keeps E from killing me.
3:00 PM, February 24, 2005
Nice site!
[url=http://yacghnrd.com/qpsk/ifab.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://grkidqun.com/cjdz/noct.html]Cool site[/url]
6:04 AM, July 28, 2006
Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit
6:05 AM, July 28, 2006
Great work!
http://yacghnrd.com/qpsk/ifab.html | http://ltztjklo.com/xquv/ofoj.html
6:07 AM, July 28, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home