The Pool Shark
O.k., I'm a little too physically and mentally inconditioned (I think I just invented a word) to post something profound tonight. But I have the next two days off from work so I should have some time to respond to your comments and start a new post.
But here's what I have to say for now. I am the pool shark. I may be thewalrus but I own the food chain when it comes to the billiards animal kingdom. I know I'm talking some shit here but I maintained my pride tonight. I have this girl at work who I have been training for a few days and she mentioned that she is good at pool. I'm like, "No, you're not." And she's all "Yeah, for real I'm in a pool league." So, I say, "all right bring it." We went out tonight and I played with her and a few of her friends (including her boy), all part of the league. Well, when the time came to play her one on one, I beat her 2 out of 3 and the only reason she won the 2nd game is b/c I forgot I was solids (I'll blame that on my good Irish friend, Jameson). But her ass was my dartboard the other 2 games. And so I also decided to play the testosterone game a bit and challenge her boy to a game (he being far better than she was). We went down to the wire but her old man choked on the eight ball and scratched his ass. He thereby became my seafood special for a late dinner and I walked home with the prom queen (not literally, b/c I'm not really interested and she doesn't qualify, but that's not what matters). Therefore, all I have to say is, when push comes to shove, thewalrus is the only real pool shark. What the hell were they thinking challenging the walrus at billiards? Spread the word, my friends, because at the end of the day, I'm the one who chlorines the pool...
Now, in terms of theological dialogue, I may spike my fin above the water to scare the hell out of you, but my bite may not be as lethal as you might think. Ask me the same stuff 2 years ago and I would have had all the answers. I don't now. But, I'll give you what I've got. So, be patient with me as I need to balance my checkbook and pay a few bills. But in the next little bit, meaning the next 24 hours, you'll have an authentic walrus post on something substantive. And I'll expect you newcomers (you know who you are) to jump in the conversation. In the meantime, everyone should keep commenting on the threads and put some quarters in the jukebox. Just please, please don't play country. It's too distracting...

12 Comments:
I forgot to say that one of the reasons I think I was in the "kick-ass" mode is that my Bama boys lost their basketball game by a tip-in at the last second. I was therefore royally pissed and needed to punish some people.
4:37 AM, February 23, 2005
That LSU game was terrible...i am still upset about that one...and will you please define country...
9:04 AM, February 23, 2005
I'm ticked about that game too. I've got to post the score on my blog today as a matter of consistency, and it's pissing me off. BTW walrus, I could take you on any billards table in the country.
9:42 AM, February 23, 2005
i could take the walrus, dantezipcode, stevepvc, and hobbes all at the same time in billiards on any table, especially those tables you get at dollar general for a buck...take that
9:48 AM, February 23, 2005
Wow, the next day always holds surprises for me. "Chlorines the pool"? What the hell?
tiredofwaiting,
I'm afraid to know how I chlorinate the pool too. It is easier than walking to the bathroom though...
2coopers,
Definition of country: music that sucks.
stevepvc,
Bait taken. Bring it, bitch.
megan,
Thanks for posting. You may want to coin yourself an identity other than your name just for tradition's sake. How about "the madness?" But don't use "drug store fertilizer" b/c then you might have people asking what that means...:).
11:01 AM, February 23, 2005
I'll be tricked into posting as well, Walrus,
but your smack talk needs some balls.
Bama better grow some also, or we'll all be hacked off next month.
For introduction sake, I want to announce, that contrary to Marvin Gay's edict, THE THRILL IS HERE. So just bring your weary thoughts back into this banter house and we'll throw down.
11:34 AM, February 23, 2005
the thrill,
Oh, so you'd like me to spank you too? Only if you're a girl...
Thanks for posting.
11:45 AM, February 23, 2005
need some material walrus...here's yo juice...you can bet this up fo sho.
http://www.whiteboydj.com/home.html
enter the site, and click on the "Baby got Book" video link.
1:51 PM, February 23, 2005
I promise I wont be the guy just to post crappy links and other material...but this too will be inspirational.
http://www.emergingminister.com/audio/oholynight.mp3
plus my inefficiency gives you a higher post to view ratio.
Thrill out
2:18 PM, February 23, 2005
tiredofwaiting,
I don't know what kind of country you listen to but I'm not sure I have heard that version of country. I think I'd be pretty creeped out.
3:15 AM, February 24, 2005
Yu Jian,
Welcome to the secondchance. Glad to have you stop by. Hang around long enough and somebody will buy you a drink or two.
I'm glad you're getting something out of the posts. But I think most of the substance has been in the comment threads so far. You should check them out as well.
Make sure you check back soon as we will be starting a new discussion.
P.S. -- What's the song you have playing on your website?
3:29 AM, February 24, 2005
goldfishb,
I'm pretty confident I know who you are now. My suspicions are confirmed.
Not sure I would take the title "player" although after tonight, some may think so (reference upcoming post). But no, not interested in hitting it with her.
1984 indeed. The power of fear.
Glad to have you back.
3:33 AM, February 24, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home