Where all are welcome but few call home...

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Applebee's No More

Well, guys, another chapter ends and another awaits its writing. I just got fired from my job today. First time for me. There's a first time for everything, I suppose. I've had my share. It was by far one of the most interesting chapters of my life thus far. I learned many things and made many friends. My biggest internal setback is that it's just yet another thing that I committed to that has either betrayed me or left me or simply been indifferent. That's rather challenging for me to deal with but it's become a trade of sorts so it's not breaking me. In all honesty, I'm overdue at Applebee's anyways. If I were there much longer, it would've gotten the best of me. But, no worries, my friends. Sometimes things have to happen a certain way.

Right now I am finishing up my application for the M.Div. program at Vanderbilt University. I'm really, really hoping I get in as that would be a refreshing change. If I don't get in there, I suppose I'll start working on a degree for secondary education. But now I'm also in dire need of a new job immediately. Heh, your severance pay as a server is slim, more like none, so I'm gonna have to get on the ball with job hunting. Hope all of you are doing well. Play me a song or two. I'm stepping out for the evening. Cheers.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the news. Maybe this will ultimately lead to bigger and better things for you. Hopefully you'll be able to get in at Vandy. Keep me updated, ok?...Peace.
-Matt

11:44 PM, January 21, 2006

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

down with the bee.

11:25 AM, January 23, 2006

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Thanks for the support guys. As soon as I finish the Vandy app stuff, I'm gonna dig in full time in the job hunt. It will be for the best that I'm out of that place.

Just as an FYI, the main (but not only) reason I got fired is because I stabbed a guest who asked me for an extra napkin. Putting the manager in the trash compactor didn't help my luck either. Oh well, I'm heart-broken at their unjust decision but I must move on...

5:12 PM, January 23, 2006

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

By the way, megan & 2coopers, I'm not ignoring you. I've just had like 14 million people call me and I'm a little overwhelmed. I promise to call soon. I'm just diligently working on my application essays and hunting for jobs.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the customary greeting. slapurgrandma, welcome to thesecondchance. Are you a newcomer or merely an alias for a regular? Both are accepted just so you know, even without shirt and shoes. If you're female, I'd really prefer it that way...

3:25 AM, January 25, 2006

 
Blogger Silas said...

I ate at the Applebees is Valpo and I thought of you.

3:04 AM, January 28, 2006

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Thanks man. Glad to know my legacy lives on... You might see me soon at a Mexican restaurant in Merrillville...

3:17 AM, January 28, 2006

 
Blogger Silas said...

You should apply at Gaucho's and be a Goucho Boy.

8:47 AM, January 28, 2006

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Hobbes,

Thanks. I've got a few job opportunities open and I should know in the next couple days what I'll be doing.

I had been wondering where you went. We've been missing you around here.

2:01 AM, January 31, 2006

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

squanchum,

I'm on my way to work so I can't respond now but check back later.

3:40 PM, February 07, 2006

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

I'm curious as to what you mean by the undoing therapy thing.

Stay tuned because I'm going to post more about what I've been up to. When are you coming back to the States for a visit?

12:07 AM, February 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.