Lost: Mr. Eko
My, my, my. For some reason I didn't expect to be blown away by this episode and of course, I was. I never cease to be amazed at this phenomenon we now know as "Lost." I mean, it's got the package. The storywriting is phenomenal. The acting is stellar. The characters have tremendous depth. And now we have Mr. Eko. Perhaps the salvific character of the Tailies. (For some reason I have little hope for Libby). I like his storyline and I'm confident it will play a significant role in the episodes to come.
This episode surprised me b/c the writers took some risks with it. The bizarre coincidence of the "heroine" plane and Oceanic Flight 815 crashing on the same island. The surreal black-cloud "monster." And of course the further introduction of religious themes. I was also quite pleased by the development of Charlie's character here as well. I like what they're doing with his storyline. Anyways, next week looks to be crazy as I'm sure every week will be from here out. My gut feeling is that ABC will end its Spring season with a bang. I already know that Alias will end with something incomprehensible. Lost Season 2 will do the same. I have yet to watch my recorded 2 episodes of Injustice but it looks promising. Boston Legal is taking some interesting turns (God I love that show - William Shatner and James Spader are unbeatable). So, anyways, I'm interested to hear what you think of the Psalm 23 episode. Oh yeah, Sawyer. Yeah, the making Sawyer cute thing is so close but not quite to over the top (and ironic too b/c it's reflective of the audience as well). We'll see what they do with that too, I suppose. I'm anxious to see what goes down with Michael's adventures as well. Ok, I'll shut up. Just got excited again. Come on, it's been 6 weeks, so cut me some slack...

4 Comments:
I thought this episode strengthened and shaped Eko's character in such a way that no other Character's backstory has done. He's definitely my favorite character right now. You could see his compassion, intellect, and especially strength even before this episode, but now it means so much more.
I wonder what's going to happen with Micheal and Walt. It was interesting in the scene in this past episode where Walt was talking to Michael on the computer, and they are beginning to make Michael seem like he is going insane or something. Like he may be just imagining that he is talking to Walt. I think that's what the preview of the next episode was about too.
8:29 AM, January 13, 2006
Yeah! I didn't know you were watching Lost now. Did you catch up or had you been watching them all along?
I also like his character as well. I think you're right that his flashback was probably more introspective than the others. The subtleties provided to his and Charlie's character in this episode were great. I think Michael's about to crazy, yes. There's definitely going to be some shit going down to get his kid back. And I think a whole lot revolves around Walt so...we'll see.
1:19 PM, January 13, 2006
Walrus,
I started watching Lost in the middle of the first season, and haven't missed a show this season. I started watching it because my girlfriend's parents watched it and we saw it a few times with them. Now it has become a thing where we watch it every Wednesday with her family.
7:08 PM, January 18, 2006
Yeah, I'm excited about tonight's show. sheckler's my weekly Lost buddy. You should get the DVD and watch the first episodes of Season 1. They're great. I'm systematically introducing the show to friends and family so I've had to watch them over and over.
7:31 PM, January 18, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home