Where all are welcome but few call home...

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Milestones

Well, we've hit 10,000 folks. Thesecondchance has been open for 7 and a half months and we're still open. I appreciate all of you stopping in from time to time to have a drink and chat a while. I haven't been the best bartender in the world or even the best conversation stylist but I am still around.

October is here, fall is in the air, and the Alabama football team is 5-0 with a national ranking of 7. And yes, all of those are surprising to me. Those of you privy to the absolute demolition of the Florida Gators on Saturday should now be convinced that Bama is back. It's been way too long but it's such a beautiful thing. And even though October is the month to beat the team in orange, I'll have to let it be a St. Louis Cardinals month overall. It's their turn for success too.

I have been busy over the past lil bit searching for jobs and maintaining the one I already have so I have had few revelations to share with you. I have also been digging back into work on my novel which is slowly but surely in progress. So, yeah, I apologize for the lack of profound conversations on God, beer, politics, sex, Factors, and my belligerent friends. They all play continuously in my head but I am really picky about my posts sometimes. If any of you have anything you would like for the walrus to expound his drunken wisdom upon, then let me know. It is my birthday month so a few good social posts will be arriving soon. I do have some working ideas on what to do more regularly here and I'll share those with you soon as well.

P.S. -- Any of those myspace geeks out there should stop by my subsidiary sometime and drop me a comment. I'm hoping to post a concert (and maybe cd) review on the bulletin board there tomorrow. If you guys think I should post those here too, let me know.

7 Comments:

Blogger 2coopers said...

ROLL TIDE...
we are headed down to ole miss in a few days walrus...you will be missed...
i'll return soon, 2coopers

4:07 PM, October 04, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

2coopers,

Yeah, sorry I can't make it this time. Let's hope Bama won't look past them. They're still SEC.

varotarian,

VA tech is good too but we'd beat 'em in a matchup. You saw us shut down Leak. We'd do the same to Vick...and it wouldn't matter if he flicked us off or not. hehe.

5:38 PM, October 04, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thrill in,

Yo walrus, glad your back up and at 'em. I'll see your "roll tide" and raise you a "rammer jammer". I'm nervous about LSU, and cant wait until Auburn.
Cards got lucky to draw the Padres. They wont last.
Have a good Columbus Day.

thrill out

3:41 PM, October 07, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Ok, ok, so I got sidetracked. Didn't get around to the music review yet. Well, I will. Probably a couple others too b/c I'm going to a few good concerts in the next couple of weeks...and I'm turning 29...which sucks...and doesn't need a review.

the thrill,
good to hear from you. long time, no read. Don't even play with my birds though. They're out for blood this year. If you're pretending to be a Braves fan, then...well, enough said. We're at least on the same boat with the Bama stuff. Actually, if we execute and play to our talent, the only team we'll have to worry about is Georgia in the SEC championship...and...dare I say it, USC or Texas in a BCS bowl. I'm just dreaming right now though. Let's beat Ole Miss first and drink to a hopeful UT victory. Otherwise, it's just a "stepping stone" season...which, in my opinion, is something to be proud of. Well, yeah, not enough, but let's pretend...

3:24 AM, October 09, 2005

 
Blogger 2coopers said...

headed to Memphis tomorrow...then to Oxford...Roll Tide! thewalrus will be missed

1:43 AM, October 13, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Yes, I'll even miss myself in Oxford...but esp. hanging out with you guys. I'm sure you'll celebrate the win just fine without me. Now, now, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I'm not a Notre Dame fan but this weekend I'm all about the Fighting Irish. I'll root for Virginia and Colorado while I'm at it.

Cardinals are 1-0 now. And how about those umps in the Sox game? I'm a Sox fan too (Chicago behind the Cardinals of course) but...wow...

2:36 AM, October 13, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

emmanuel,

Thanks for the demos. I already knew they were out there but had no idea how to get them. In terms of the softball, I think you already hit it. Nothing else to add...

bull,

welcome back. Let's hope the Tide keeps rolling...

3:13 AM, October 14, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.