Where all are welcome but few call home...

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lost: Rise Against, Please

Boy, boy, boy...

We should've never doubted. Season 3 might pull through after all. It seems that thus far anxiety has characterized this season. We now see that rising to the surface in the characters and plot and I suspect the audience as well. The stops await to be pulled.

I await the end with great anticipation. I think the proverbial shit will hit the collective fan in the next few episodes.

Expect the best, prepare for the worst...


"Chairs thrown and tables toppled, hands armed with broken bottles, standing no chance to win but,

We're not running, we're not running."

-- Rise Against

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you hear they're done in 2010? Which isn't so shocking, since that is 3 more years. Dante and I hit on a 7 deadly sins 'thang' last night (I'm sure somebody else hit on it long ago), and had some fun reading the series through that: Pride, Envy, Lust, Sloth, Gluttony, Wrath, and ... forgetfulness? Do I get to graduate tomorrow if I can't come up with this?

8:41 AM, May 10, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greed. WTF.

8:42 AM, May 10, 2007

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

haha, if it's forgetfulness I'm gonna be in the inner circle of hell. How do you see the 7 deadly sins?

Am I the only one excited that it looks like (the real) Jack is back?

Here's a prediction:

The island saves Locke again.

9:51 AM, May 10, 2007

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

Jacob. Old man in a rocking chair that is invisible, needs help, possesses wild supernatural powers and becomes visible when really pissed about the presence of technology.

There used to be this guy that lived down my street that was kind of like that.


so, did you feel sorry for ben again? Or did you just run around your living room yelling "Why can't anybody ever give a straight answer to any question....arggggg"

I felt kind of sorry for him.

12:02 PM, May 10, 2007

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

Are you identifying the 7sins with specific characters, or episodes and plot turns?

12:03 PM, May 10, 2007

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

No, I didn't feel sorry for him, not after the slaughter. He's become a rather good villain though (even despite the fact that he has good reasons for becoming one).

The whole Jacob thing is utterly bizarre. I think Vincent has snuck back on the island and was shaking the house outside. Vincent's behind all of this...

So if the 7 sins thing is right, can I hope we might see Morgan and Brad guest starring soon? (cue steven)

12:44 PM, May 10, 2007

 
Blogger happyfootsadfoot said...

I didn't see Jacob when I watched it, but in slowmo you can see someone in the chair:

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2007/05/11-frames-of-jacob.html

I think Locke will restore the Dharma initiative people in the open grave to life and will use Sun's demon baby to chew up The Others and feed them to the monster.

5:20 PM, May 10, 2007

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

hmm, didn't see that the first time either. Looks like a cross between Vincent and Abe Lincoln. And why is that post called "losteastereggs"??

no haiku eskimofriend?

5:31 PM, May 10, 2007

 
Blogger happyfootsadfoot said...

What do you mean
That Flight 815 was found?
"Don't take my baby!"

6:02 PM, May 10, 2007

 
Blogger happyfootsadfoot said...

the site is called losteastereggs since, presumably, the site would reveal hidden messages within the tv show. for more information about virtual easter eggs, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(virtual)

11:36 AM, May 11, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember when that teenage kid was being brainwashed Clockwork-Orange style, and they (Sawyer and Kate, I think) rescued him? One of the things that kept flashing on the screen was this: "God loves you as he loved Jacob."

If you draw a parallel to the biblical Jacob, you get someone who was chosen by God (over Esau), has direct access to struggling with God and/or angels, and is the eponymous creator-figure for an entire people (Israel).

Considering the recent revelations that Flight 815 has been found along with all the bodies inside, I think we should revisit the author of the manuscript discovered by the survivors: Gary Troup, which is an anagram for "purgatory."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Troup_(Lost)

Even though the producers/creators deny that the show is set in purgatory, I think the heaven/hell/purgatory/life-after-death angle is worth exploring, especially since there's been such an emphasis on who is Good and who is Not Good.

An argument against purgatory would be that someone very "real" just parachuted onto the island, someone who has connections with Desmond's girlfriend and who also has communication device. I'm not at all sure what is supposed to be real anymore after the appearance of Locke's father. Maybe they are not in purgatory. Maybe they are in hell.

And thewalrus, are you suggesting that Vincent the labrador retriever is behind all of this?

-w

11:19 AM, May 12, 2007

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

welcome back watercolor,

Interesting insights on Jacob. I really don't think it's going to be purgatory however simply b/c they'd look really stupid for denying it. But maybe there is something related to it, who knows. The conversation b/t Sawyer and Locke's father kind of leaned in that direction.

Yeah, I think Jacob will turn out to be Vincent :)

I'm ready for Sayid to put the smackdown on the Others...

11:13 AM, May 14, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.