Where all are welcome but few call home...

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Endings

I'm still around folks but I'm trying to finish up the school semester. I'm working on composing a couple reflection posts before the year ends that I think you'll find rather interesting. It seems you guys are a bit burned out on all the God stuff for the time being (as am I) so I'm planning on offering up something a bit different for you. But if you get a sudden revelation and want to comment on squanchum's or my posts below, feel free to do so. We'll still be around. Anyone have interesting plans for the holidays? It looks like I'll be making a short trip up to Indiana to visit some friends. Other than that, I'll just be chilling here in Nashville and enjoying the break. Well, I'll leave you with some wisdom from the great Denny Crane from the most recent episode of Boston Legal:

Denny Crane: Can you imagine all the times I've beaten the rap only now to be convicted of public gayness? I'll be forced to unregister as a Republican!

Alan Shore: Republicans would have no problem with you being gay Denny, so long as you continue to persecute homosexuals.

And here's another kernel of wisdom from an older episode:

''I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself." - Denny Crane

4 Comments:

Blogger stevepvc said...

I thought that first quote was really funny in the episode this last week. I was slow catching onto BL at firs, but I'm stating to like it more and more. i love the ending scenes.

4:32 PM, December 10, 2007

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

I thought he said "persecute" rather than "prosecute"

4:37 PM, December 10, 2007

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Hey steve, glad you're watching it. It typically takes a few episodes to catch on because the humor is so nuanced and character-based. Yeah, the ending scenes are awesome and always my favorite part. By the way, once school is out, we'll catch up via phone. As usual, it's been a crazy semester.

4:51 PM, December 10, 2007

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

oops I think you're right. I'll correct it.

4:52 PM, December 10, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.