Where all are welcome but few call home...

Monday, July 09, 2007

Rounding the Corner

Well folks, I am finally getting back into the swing of things. I apologize for the lack of an update on the thyroid surgery but I was unable to post due to internet malfunctions. The thyroid surgery went well overall. One of my parathyroids had to be removed and was placed in my arm so I actually got 2 cuts out of the deal. The surgery itself took over 6 hours (or so I'm told). The good news is that I still have my voice and I am now tumor-free. One of the things I have learned from this whole experience is that surgery is a whole lot more complicated than I ever imagined. I certainly underestimated the kind of hassle and pain that would be involved. The pain from the cuts themselves has actually been quite minimal. The pain from all the other ways my body reacted has been quite extensive. I had some of the worst headaches I've had in my life, both sinus and migraine, and had to battle fevers, nausea, aches, a sore throat from hell, a vicious catheter (also shipped in express from hell), and a whole lot of hospital negligence and incompetence. So, needless to say, I am quite happy that I am rounding the corner on the whole thing. I'm still desperately trying to kick a sinus infection which has prevented me from smelling or tasting anything for a week and a half. It seems as if I've been working my way through a "don't-take-anything-physiological-for-granted" 101 course. My swallowing is still really weird and tight but that should pass in a few weeks. So after I get used to taking these 14 million medications every day, I should be fine. I am now back at work and able to do most activities. I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow to follow up on everything.

For those of you who have unsuccessfully tried to contact me, I do apologize. The complications from everything have set me back quite a bit. I hope to see and hang out with you soon. As for my bartending responsibilities here, I should get a post up this week. I have updated the jukebox and added an "on the bookshelf" section. I also updated my "links" section on the page so you guys should check out some of thesecondchance's patrons' personal blogs. If you have a blog or other page you'd like me to link, drop me an email and let me know. I'll hurry up and get the shelves restocked around here and be back to serve one up soon. Cheers.

5 Comments:

Blogger JD said...

the body without organs is magic!

6:17 PM, July 09, 2007

 
Blogger JD said...

I've given up on keeping my old name.

"When you will have made him a body without organs,
then you will have delivered him from all his automatic reactions

and restored him to his true freedom." -- Antonin Artaud

6:19 PM, July 09, 2007

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

hmm... Dude...I've been getting your calls at the most hilariously inopportune times. We need to hang soon.

6:26 PM, July 09, 2007

 
Blogger 2coopers said...

he has awaken....cool

hope to catch up soon my furry friend

6:52 PM, July 09, 2007

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Thanks brother. It's good to be back. I'll call you soon.

8:15 PM, July 09, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.