Where all are welcome but few call home...

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Margaritas, a Mariachi Band, and Many Women

Well, I have to say that the whole 24 hour call was premature. I've decided to wait until tomorrow b/c I really want to spend a little time with it. So hang on, please...... In the meantime, I'll share with you yet another story in the life of thewalrus. I don't know what's up with my social life these days but it has not only become incredibly active but it takes me to new and strange places, literally and metaphorically.

Tonight I went out with a friend of mine to catch up on things. We met at a Mexican restaurant out in Valparaiso. So we chatted and ate and caught each other up on our respective lives. And before my stomach could digest the enchiladas I consumed, I was sitting with five attractive females (four of them single), sipping $2 margaritas, and listening to a mariachi band. Now, in my opinion, that's a good situation if you're a single male. Even better, there were 2 girls there who work together who are naturally competitive with each other. So...the light bulb came on, I worked my charm, and before I knew it I was sitting between them. I tipped the mariachi guys really well but I think they were so impressed with my horde of beautiful ladies that they were tempted to begin tipping me (esp. after I convinced one of the girls to salsa dance for them). I'm pretty confident that a few of you may have received phone calls from one of the girls. She was using my cellphone of course and marking her cellular territory. It's a hard life, I tell you. And after all that, I'm still single. Why am I so stubborn? Why can't I just play the game and be like everybody else (esp. now that I'm actually good at it)? Sometimes it just royally sucks to have been in love before...

7 Comments:

Blogger thewalrus said...

For those who care to notice, this post is definitely intended to be a teaser for the sex/romance post. But Bonhoeffer must come first.

4:12 AM, February 24, 2005

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

I called the walrus last night, only to hav his phone answered by a woman. I asked her to kick him in the balls, but I believe she declined. there was an amazing amount of noise in the background, due to the mariachi

8:54 AM, February 24, 2005

 
Blogger 2coopers said...

i received a call from one of these aforementioned girls and she seemed in quite the good mood...or really drunk...i guess the walrus had everybody wanting some of his attentions last night

1:08 PM, February 24, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

I had one of those suits on like Frank Drebbin in Naked Gun where if you pull the tie to the side a bit, the suit will split down the middle. I'm saving the tuxedo collection for the right girl. Then she'll really be sold.

1:28 PM, February 24, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell just went on there. Now life has become to confusing. Damn! Walrus, I do believe you are playing the game, you just know that you are so good that you don't need it. And to think that at one time people would have called you gay. You sure have shown them. Hope all is well in the world of wine, women, enchiladas.
Peace

12:23 AM, February 25, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

goldfishb,

I'm not really sure but I think Dante had a bizarre schizophrenic moment. Rather entertaining though. Perhaps you are right about the game thing; maybe I am in denial. I'm really glad you spelled enchiladas right or dante might have relapsed.

2:48 PM, February 25, 2005

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

sorry to disappoint, Dante! that was really funny and clever, even though I totally didn't get it at all the first time through. I thought there was somebody else who had made a bunch of stupid comments and the walrus had deleted them.

not a bad way of using some humor to clear up your foundational faith, either! It's so easy to kick theology without really talking about what we personally believe. I guess we value that impersonality so much because of the darn objectivity hoax those enlightenment guys played on us.

enchilades.
enchilados.
enchiladus.
enchiladis
enchilad(sometimes)ys

7:00 PM, February 25, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.