Lost: A Tiger's Stripes
Well, we finally got a Sawyer episode this season. Overall, I thought it was a decent episode. Things seem to be dragging a little plot-wise so maybe that's why I'm hesitant to give it four stars. We got to see the extent to which Sawyer is capable of manipulating those around him and living with the consequences. In his true "man of the wild" mode, he conned Jack and Locke against each other to take possession of what is turning out to be the most valuable possession on the island: weapons. The great thing about Sawyer is that he is so formidable. A man who doesn't fear death can accomplish a hell of a lot.
I think it's interesting to see just how crazy everyone is getting. Charlie is getting outright dangerous. Sawyer is marking his territory. Jack is losing control of the group and it's clearly getting to him. Locke seems increasingly strange. I'm looking forward to the next couple of shows because I've been waiting for a Sayid-centric episode (next week) and a Claire-centric episode (in 3 weeks).
Well, that's all I have to say for now. I'm going to post again soon to update you on things. Don't forget to stick around next week as Wednesday is the big celebration. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet but I'll make it an open bar for starters.








2 Comments:
Well, I think there's some other stuff going on with Locke that is yet to be revealed. I think one thing this episode demonstrated is that Sayid's assessment of Locke in the first season (that he'll turn out to be their hope for survival on the island) is not clear-cut. Even Sawyer, who has no overt "spiritual" concerns like Locke is able to trick him and make him appear a fool.
I'm curious as to what you think is going on with Charlie when you say "demand that they listen to him." My bet is that the Claire episode will bring a few things to a head with him.
3:50 PM, February 10, 2006
No, I don't read the spoilers either. I just get a wierd sense about Locke right now and in hearing interviews with one of the writers, it kind of confirms my suspicion. He identifies with Locke a lot and so my guess is that he will be pivotal.
I have no idea what it really could be. I think maybe he knows more than the rest about what is going on with the island.
12:47 AM, February 12, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home