Where all are welcome but few call home...

Friday, December 29, 2006

Resolved

One year ends, another begins. Those who cavort with cynicism frown on resolutions and changes that never seem to be made. Mocking the idealism of the few who tread their own unseen paths, the cynics find survival instead of freedom. The idealist few see no difference.

My beloved patrons, where do you stand at the end of this year? Does a turn of the calendar spur a change? Is it too shallow a reason? Or might its symbolism serve you well? Whatever the case may be things always change, calendar markings or none, and the choice is yours as to whether, why, or how such changes are to be made.

At the end of this long year, I reflect on the ending of last year and my reflections then. My goals were much smaller then and yet critically important. Despite my shortfalls, I stand at the end of this year and I see the changed person in the mirrored reflection. And now I'm hungry for more. So hungry, in fact, that I even got a head start, a running jump if you will. Reticent, yet bold and determined, I now cross this line ready for the tumultous continuation of a journey that began long ago. A journey that unravels in its own time and way. A journey that traces each year with its color of choice...and finds its beginnings through its endings...that sometimes coincide with the calendar on your wall.

Happy New Year to all patrons of thesecondchance.

3 Comments:

Blogger stevepvc said...

the happiest new year to you all...cheers!

10:09 PM, December 30, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

(( Appearently I can't remember the password for the emmanuel_goldstein account, so from now on I will post under this "Octavio" account ))

I'll bite: Happy New Year to all. Hope everyone's holiday season was good, despite my earlier misgivings I had a good time.

I have never been one for New Year's resolutions, the date seems a bit arbitrary to me. But I can look back on '06 and see that change needs to be made in my life. So with the help of certain ingested chemicals on New Year's Eve I have decided to close up some holes in myself where some warm air had been seeping out.

Here is a drink to turning a corner . Here is another to perspective.

7:49 AM, January 02, 2007

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

I'll drink to that, my friend.

I just received a wonderful new year's gift in my mailbox. I just found out Black Lab is releasing their third album in a couple weeks. I'm going to try and post a banner on the site somewhere.

Any of you guys watch the Boise State game last night? Good Lord that was a classic.

Also, school starts next Monday for me so stay tuned for new posts.

12:26 PM, January 02, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.