Lost: The Economist
All right folks, here's the thread for the new episode. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this one...
Also, tomorrow's the 3rd anniversary of the opening of thesecondchance. New post will be up by Monday.
Where all are welcome but few call home...
4 Comments:
Okay, well, I tried posting a comment yesterday but got kicked offline. Alls I had to say though was that last episode sideswiped me good and I hardly know what to think. I need to watch it again, which I'll try to do before Thursday. But I will say I really am enjoying the flash forwards and the questions they bring to the story, and the fact that we get to see characters off the island yet still connected with it and other characters. Something's brewing and despite my unresolved questions, I'm liking the twists and turns.
Maybe I'll have something more pertinent to say upon a second viewing of The Economist. But the writers are definitely keeping me hooked, which is nice.
7:54 PM, February 19, 2008
Well, we clearly know the space-time thing is part of it all now. What exactly that means is of course still a mystery.
Any of you guys Alias fans? The scene at the end with Ben and Sayid was highly reminiscent to me of dynamics in Alias. Sloan=Ben, of course. And I'm glad the writers knew not to kill off Sayid. I'd start a revolution.
10:14 PM, February 19, 2008
A minor thing or two I noticed upon a second viewing:
The bracelet that Naomi (and later Elsa?) wears is inscribed by someone with the initials R.C. So who the hell is that? Richard, maybe? I don't recall whatever happened to him... correct me if that's the scotch thinking out loud. But obviously Naomi and Elsa work for the same person...
By the end of the episode Sayid is obviously "working" for Ben. But earlier, when they were both captured at the barracks, Sayid said that the day he would trust Ben would be the day he had sold his soul. And yet here he is working for him. I guess that doesn't mean that he trusts him fully, but still, he's got to trust him a little to be working for him in order to protect his "friends". Or maybe he didn't have a choice. This just makes me think of the whole heaven/hell/purgatory theme from the earlier thread as far as Sayid's soul is concerned and the choices he's made since leaving the island. Or, like I said, maybe there was no "choice".
These thoughts and opinions are solely the property of Johnnie Walker Red and cannot be reused without permission.
1:49 AM, February 21, 2008
goose, the best part is that your comments were completely coherent and thought-provoking. You pulled the scotch card prematurely, no one would've known...except for me of course but I'm the bartender sneaking you the bottle so I don't count. Maybe we'll know more info after tonight's episode and some of your questions will be answered. But don't count on it...
5:21 PM, February 21, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home