Where all are welcome but few call home...

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Another Round?

O.k., screw last call. I've decided to keep the bar open for this special occasion and carry on a bit more on the current discussion. For those who are disinterested, I will post some thoughts related to the issue which will hopefully help everyone understand why I think it's really important, maybe even essential. I know I've promised a sex/romance post, which will come soon I assure you, but my gut feeling is to pursue this church stuff a bit further. I think there might be a lot more at stake here than what you might think. I know you're all busy...I am too believe it or not...but once I get this next post up on the site, my hope is that even more of you will comment. I'm definitely not looking for flattery here, and not really debate either, just an acknowledgement that what I'm talking about has something important to do with something important. That's it.

I'm off work tomorrow so I hope to get the post up as soon as possible. So stop by at some point and have a drink. There is indeed a sacred nature to "last call" and yet I'm offering another round...but only for good reason. That will hopefully involve a good time but it's also because I really think you have more to say and maybe you just need another drink in you to say it. Well that's what I'm hoping at least...

6 Comments:

Blogger thewalrus said...

I forgot to mention that, for those of you who have posed questions and offered comments in other threads (and other blogs - namely rino and system), I will respond soon. I'm not ignoring you. Just need a little sleep in me first.

5:10 AM, March 01, 2005

 
Blogger 2coopers said...

thewalrus,
i have been reading everything and i must honestly admit that i am taking a long time to process all of it and some of the stuff you "theologins" write i basically dont have a clue what is being said...anyway..i guess i feel like i have nothing relevant to say but i know that the secondchance offers a safe place for me to say irrelevant things so i hope to be back soon with something irrelevant...thank you for your support

1:57 PM, March 01, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

2coopers,

I'm not too comfortable with the title "theologian" right now but I understand that a lot of my words and phrases point to that side of me.

Although we use a lot of academic jargon, you might be surprised how much you do understand. What I'm trying to say with all this Bonhoeffer stuff is quite simple (but obviously I'm not succeeding in getting that across). I'm going to add on a post tonight that will hopefully help. I say all this so you won't get disinterested. And yes, thesecondchance is a bar. You can say whatever you want. If I don't like it, I'll tell you and I expect you to do the same.

6:02 PM, March 01, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Fellow patrons,

I'm off to Barnes & Noble to go work on responding to this stuff and get a new post going. I have so many conversations going on in so many places (blogs and e-mail), my head is starting to spin. Not to mention I really need to work on the novel as well. And then there's laundry (I think I'm beginning to hear noises in my work clothes), and groceries (my cat's even run out of food which makes my apartment a hazardous place to be). So, thewalrus will be back later tonight with some things to say.

Side note -- E left to go to Texas today to see his kids. He'll be there for a week and then he'll come back here for 3 weeks before leaving for good. Keep him and his kids in your prayers if you can.

6:10 PM, March 01, 2005

 
Blogger 2coopers said...

you don't need cat food, the monstrosity will just eat the couch, chairs, and the ceiling fan

10:07 AM, March 02, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

I think she's already started working on the couch. The ceiling fan might be a challenge though b/c her weight keeps the sky of her world at around 3 feet.

6:28 PM, March 02, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.