Where all are welcome but few call home...

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Comment Drought?

Well, I'm getting hits on the site but a significant shortage of comments lately. Has anyone other than kb read the Vandy paper yet? If so, drop me a line or two with your reaction. If for nothing else, just so I can know that you're alive and that my popularity hasn't waned. I'm also hearing (and reading on some sites) that some of you are intimidated to comment and that concerns me. I know we like to act like academics around here but that's mostly because we're in a bar and trying to impress. It's not working too well b/c we haven't had many women stop by lately but we like to try anyway. But please don't be afraid to comment b/c "you don't know what to say." Just say whatever's on your mind, whatever reaction you may have.

I posted pictures/links of some new additions to the jukebox and I hope to add a section on what thewalrus is currently reading. Well, if I don't hear from you pretty soon, we're going to move on to a different topic. Also, be sure and check out leighbotts' blog (Mr. Pretend Henshaw), rino's blog (radically moderate), and thesystem's blog (journey plot) as there are some pretty good discussions going on there as well.

9 Comments:

Blogger stevepvc said...

Yo walrus, you're still the most popular tusked mammal I know, and chicks dig those whiskers.

Sorry I've dropped from the board over the last week...swamped work-wise and computer glitches galore...did you still need a hand getting the pictures to link in the reading section?

I'm in the library reading up on my bonhoeffer today. any commentary or articles I need to dig up while I'm here? later.

10:06 AM, March 15, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Seeing that I'm likely the only tusked mammal you know, that might take a little away from much the valued popularity.

No problem on being gone a while. You had mentioned on your blog that you were swamped with stuff so I knew you were still around. I think I've finally got a decent understanding of the html thing. It's like puzzle solving. Since I got the music links up, the books should be the same I think.

Well, as you would expect, I definitely have an extensive bibliography on the guy and my favorite picks too. I can e-mail it to you if you want. I'm partly biased towards anything written by the late Burton Nelson and his friend Geffrey Kelly.

12:50 PM, March 15, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

system,

You just had to start up the hope stuff on your blog again right after I plugged rino's and leighbotts'. I edited my post and put yours on there as well. I'll read your blog and comment tonight hopefully.

1:00 PM, March 15, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must confess that at first I was not to keen to commenting on this site. I thought that my questions would have obvious answers, and I would make a fool out of myself. Well, I'm still not sure if I've made a fool out of myself yet, but by the comments I've been getting to my own comments, I feel better about it.

I have not read the Vandy paper yet, but I hope to soon. I actually saved it to my comp. and printed it out. I'll probably dig into it tonight.

4:28 PM, March 15, 2005

 
Blogger Silas said...

Walrus,
I was planning on commenting late last week, but the commenting problems many were experiencing affected me. Then I didn't get on a computer all weekend.

Thanks for linking my blog. I actually only created the blog because I thought it came with the user name, and I wanted a nice user name to comment on here, but now that I am linked I thought I would put something interesting up.


So this is an advertisement for my blog, anyone is welcome to comment. It's current topic is Homosexuality.

11:38 PM, March 15, 2005

 
Blogger 2coopers said...

walrus,
good to touch base with you last night..i have a couple questions about the paper after rereading it...

1. where would you say that you position has changed since you initially wrote it? i know that may be pretty vague

2. is "leaving the church" in this paper interchangable with "no longer a follower of Christ"?
I don't think so but I wanted your thoughts and where you were coming from there

9:32 AM, March 16, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

longhorn,

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the paper. And I'm glad you're more comfortable with commenting now.

2:01 AM, March 18, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

2coopers,

1)Well, I don't know exactly where my position has changed I guess. I just probably would right some parts of the paper differently if I were to write it today simply b/c, even a couple of months after, I've experienced different things and that might lead me to phrase certain things differently.

2)I will probably always consider myself a follower of Christ. So, no I don't see those as interchangeable for me. In some ways, leaving the church has been part of an effort to discover what it means to truly follow Christ. I, of course, recognize the tragedy of having to make such a decision. Sometimes you just do what you have to do to discover something for yourself. And it's those types of decisions that few others will understand but you have to make them for yourself. You don't always know why at the time or where that decision will take you but something deep inside tells you that it must be done. This decision is representative of that for me.

2:06 AM, March 18, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

eskimofriend,

Dude, that was funny as hell. I saw it coming but I still laughed my head off. Where in the world did you get that?

2:13 AM, March 18, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.