Where all are welcome but few call home...

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Employment Blues

I promise to respond to your comments soon. I just got a letter in the mail saying that my conditional letter of appointment to the FBI has been rescinded because the position has already been filled. It looks like I applied to one of the only positions in the damn world where the more life experience you have (moving, travelling the world, going to different schools, etc.) turns out to be a liability. The position apparently got filled before they could finish my background check (which has now been going on for 5 months now). Looks like I waited a hell of a long time for absolutely nothing. Well, I left a message with my agent to see if this means the process is completely over or whether they'll keep going on the background check for another position. More waiting I guess.

So, keep commenting and I'll try to get my Vanderbilt paper posted tonight. I just need to go chill and feel sorry for myself a little while. If you want to express your condolences or whatever, just comment here or drop me an e-mail b/c I'll be ignoring my phone. Music, solitude, beer, and chatting with sexy bartenders are one of my favorite remedies. Someone keep the place up for me and tell all the regulars I'll be back soon...I need to go blow some money at another bar and give them some business too...

11 Comments:

Blogger Keith Brenton said...

That just bites.

8:44 PM, March 08, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Well, guys, I'm too tired to post and too drunk to care so I'll try to put the Vandy paper on sometime later today (Wed.). Thanks for the props. We'll catch up soon.

2:27 AM, March 09, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is no rest for the weary, friend. press on.

thrill out

9:35 AM, March 09, 2005

 
Blogger 2coopers said...

FBI jerks, i think we need to pull a John Ambrose on their houses...you in walrus?

wow...what a place this is!! I am really enjoying the conversations and i hope to comment as soon as something comes to mind...for now just know that i am here and listening and enjoying the debates,conversations,bar talk, whatever...anyone think i am a sissy for just drinking a couple of Smirnoffs???

later, 2coopers

11:03 AM, March 09, 2005

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

walrus,
I think I half agree with the feelings of dante, but it does suck. Sorry, bud.

that was the longest background check in the world. That dud that came and talked to me was here for a half hour. multiply that times everyone you know and, yeah, 5 months is about right.

8:30 PM, March 09, 2005

 
Blogger Keith Brenton said...

steven, I was going to ask if you meant to type "dude" instead of "dud" ... but decided you knew what you were typing.

9:07 PM, March 09, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Everyone,

Thanks for your comments and encouragement. It is duly appreciated. I did find out today that it is for sure that the position has been filled. If at some point another position opens up for which I am qualified then I won't have to start the background check process all over again. I guess that's good news but I'll be working on the assumption that that door is closed. Now it's time for some serious introspection as to exactly what the hell I want to do and where the hell I want to do it. Good times...

2:56 AM, March 11, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

2coopers,

I'll buy you and rino a couple smirnoffs next time you stop by. Although rino gets a little happy with the tequila sometimes so you might have to do a shot or two with her as well.

But rino's a quick tipsy so you should be able to lap her pretty quickly.

3:01 AM, March 11, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

tiredofwaiting,

Yes, looking for jobs has to be one of the most frustrating processes ever. Are you having any luck?

12:49 PM, March 11, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

rino and 2coopers,

I just read my comment above and realized that it contains an unintended sexual connotation. Surprise, surprise. What I meant to say was that you should be able to lap rino (like, in the Daytona 500 kind of way) fairly quickly. O.k., I give up...

12:52 PM, March 11, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

rino,

The bets may even go higher if you pull the cage card on them...:)

12:39 PM, March 15, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.