Where all are welcome but few call home...

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A First for Everything

Well folks, just when you thought thewalrus couldn't out-do himself in the most absurd of life experiences, he does it anyway, usually unwittingly. This time, I should say especially unwittingly. I set all sorts of records this time around. So you know those crazy posts I used to write back when I started this blog (e.g., the Pool Shark, Mariachi Band, etc.)? Yeah well, I topped all of those experiences this past weekend. Some of you already know some of the details so this won't come as a terrible surprise. While I am not yet known as thewalrus at my school, rest assured I have now acquired various phrases and nicknames to go along with my (heretofore relatively unknown) identity. As far as first impressions go, I probably set the record for the most memorable one at a divinity school social event...but who knows. It seems that the extraordinarily outgoing and cocky walrus lies dormant until released from his cage, so to speak. Anyways, I apologize for the horribly unfair tease but I shall give you no specific details. Seeing that this bar serves as a historical record of sorts for the drama that unceasingly chases me, I figured I at least needed to say something. (It couldn't, of course, have anything to do with my flair for dramatic tease-posts).

I forgot to mention in my last post my thanks for your faithful patronage here - we crossed the 20,000 hit mark a couple weeks ago. The 2 year anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks so I'll get my brain working on what to do in celebration.

So is anyone else out there excited about the Super Bowl? Bears vs. Colts? Who would've thought? I fully expect all of you to be rooting for the Bears. Seeing that last weekend's activities seemingly set me back a month homework-wise, it will be challenging to get a substantial post up for a week or so but I'll do my best. I hope you're all well. Cheers.

3 Comments:

Blogger thewalrus said...

Also, I haven't forgotten about Part II of Leveling the Field. That's on its way soon.

11:13 AM, January 25, 2007

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

this post is a load of crap and you know it. It could of been summarized by simply saying, "I did something."

C'mon, at least some kind of detail, please?

"Hey guys, guess what...I did something. Cool, eh?"

ARGGGGG!

10:08 PM, January 25, 2007

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

stevepvc,

You think this is bad. Just wait til the 3rd installment of the Factor arrives...and oh I assure you...it will indeed.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure "cool" wouldn't be an adjective anyone would use to describe the series of events on Saturday night. But just to blow your mind, I'll leave you with a few key detail words just for kicks:

a drag show, gin, patty cake with a professor, costo-chondritis, people that study (and teach) about God, suggestive dancing, throwing copper, and a catheter...and no this was not a bedroom role-play that went to hell...

10:45 PM, January 25, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.