Where all are welcome but few call home...

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Lost: Not in Portland

So I'm not sure yet how much I liked this episode. I have mixed feelings about it (not that that's different than any other episode but...just the same). I liked the flashback on Juliet although I think it's more revealing of the plotline than her character. It seems clear that the "experimental" Portland people are indeed stationed (or at least connected) with the mystery island. I'm interested to see where the whole baby plotline goes. I'm sure every viewer who has seen the movie "Clockwork Orange" immediately said those words when that one scene occurred with the guy being forced to watch propaganda, which was fascinating in and of itself. Also, note the room number was 23, a number in Hurley's sequence.

Here's some other thoughts: What's up with the code names for the survivors? Also, did any of you find it strange that Juliet found a way to impregnate a male mouse? How 'bout her quote "Whatever you think I am, I’m not. I’m not a leader, Mr. Albert, I’m a mess." The wording of that could be potentially interesting. Also, how do you interpret Jack's expression at the end? A realization of how slim his chances of leaving are? Or the fact that the Others have some type of connection with the rest of civilization?

Upcoming: I read that Sayid's episode in the near future will be mighty interesting. I'm also curious to see who's going to die next (which will apparently be revealed in Desmond's prediction next week). Next week looks promising so let's see where it goes.

Well, there you go. I'm at work so I kind of just spewed these thoughts out. Let me know what you think.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Here is a nonspoilerish tidbit, the actress who plays Juliet was also in a movie with Angela Jolie called GIA.

If you have seen this movie you know why this information is relevant.

(Don't make me post images from that movie!)

8:58 AM, February 08, 2007

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Yeah, if my memory serves me right, I think Jolie was rather exposed in that movie. Any connection with Lost? Speaking of movies, anyone catch the scene obviously reminiscent of Final Destination?

12:21 PM, February 08, 2007

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

When I saw the propaganda scene, I immediately said "orange county". Then I realized my mistake and laughed.

6:44 PM, February 08, 2007

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

dude, call me your phone's off

9:34 PM, February 08, 2007

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

dante, I'm beginning to wonder if you're a figment of my imagination. You randomly appear and disappear before I even know what happens.

12:55 PM, February 09, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.