Where all are welcome but few call home...

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lost: Eggtown

Well, for those of us who are geeky enough to comment, here's a thread for ya. And yes, I know that I've neglected on the annniversary post. At least you know that when it does come, it will be good...I hope...

6 Comments:

Blogger thewalrus said...

So...anyone got theories on how Claire died? Or why Jack doesn't want to see Aaron?

3:54 PM, February 22, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the baby has superpowers?

8:08 PM, February 22, 2008

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that...

It seems that out of all the survivors, Kate's character is the one with the biggest shift in the future. the others seem more consistent with what's been going on before and on the island.

8:21 PM, February 24, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems like whatever's going on in the future has been carefully choreographed by someone - Ben? They've decided to make Kate the hero of the group, but for what reason? And for sure each of the Oceanic 6 is aware that Aaron is not Kate's baby, but none of them is saying anything. What's that about?

And why should we assume that Claire is dead? Does that mean we assume that everyone else besides the Oceanic 6 is dead? Is Ben to be counted among the six, or is he unknown to the rest of the world?

It's clear from the almost-sex scene with Sawyer that Kate has some baby lust going on, but does that mean we should assume that something pernicious happened to lead to her getting hold of Aaron? She and Claire seem very fond of each other - perhaps Claire had to make some kind of choice, or maybe Ben chose who would leave the island, and he bequeathed Aaron to Kate. Kind of a Jesus moment: "Woman, behold your son," and to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" We already have Ben acting like God, so why not? And there's already plenty of fictive kinship relationships on the island, so perhaps Kate plus Aaron is just how that manifests in the future.

If the six (or five, or whatever) are truly under the control of Ben, it makes sense that Hurley would be happy to be in a psych hospital and relieved from the group charade. But since the Oceanic lawyer got to him in the hospital, then it wouldn't be that hard for Ben to get in there. Maybe that's next?

How do you think they got off the island, and why do you think everything is such a secret? What leverage does Ben have that compels them to keep the secret of their survival?

And where is everyone else? Are they still on the island, and that's why Jack wanted to get back there?

-w

6:12 PM, February 25, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

hey watercolor, welcome back. I'm leaving work now but I'll drop off some thoughts later.

2:48 PM, February 26, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

watercolor, I think you're right that it's presumptive to assume Claire is dead. It was simply my initial reaction. I suppose I was also thinking of the whole "any mother who bears a child on the island dies" thing. Now that we have the whole time folding dynamic, just about anything becomes possible.

3:13 AM, March 02, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.