Where all are welcome but few call home...

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Getting Some Action

Well, we're finally getting some action here at thesecondchance. Apparently, my infamous virtual bar made its rounds at my 10 year high school reunion in Alabama (which I was unfortunately unable to attend) and we now have a number of new patrons. I'm not sure this is completely a good thing as they will all have to deal with a bit of shock value in meeting the ever-changing walrus. But sometimes irony is a good friend to more people than you think. Anyways, a free round of drinks on the house for all the newcomers...just because.

I'm enjoying the ongoing discussion on the "closet talk" post and I hope it continues for a while. This week is a crazy week for me as I am working 14-hour days for 8 days straight in a temp-job with a fireworks warehouse. It's a really good temp-job that will bring in some good cash but it will indeed kick my ass in the process. Therefore, I will probably only be able to offer a minimal amount this week. I promise, however, to check in every evening to see what's going on. I am working on a new post in my head but it is taking some time b/c I don't want it to be premature. In the last week, the walrus has had to deal with yet another series of dramatic events. I lost my girl last week to the latest installment of romantic impossibilities. Trying to piece together that puzzle has been preoccupying to say the least. In other news, my friend E is talking about possibly moving back up here. I'm not sure whether it's just a bout of home-sickness or whether it's something really possible. He's the only other person I know who exists on the same level of unpredictability as I do. I think there's some other things going on but I'm too tired to even think right now. Hope all is well with all of you and keep the comments coming. New post will come as soon as possible, I assure you...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind, but I put a link up to thesecondchance in a place that is commonly viewed. I put a disclaimer on it, saying that if one did feel compelled to post a comment, to do it intelligently. If you would like me to take the link down, I would be more than obliged.

8:04 AM, June 28, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

longhorn,

No worries on the blog link. And don't worry about making people comment intelligently. More than anything, I just want people to be themselves here. It's a rare thing to witness.

12:57 AM, June 29, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

eskimofriend,

My unpredictable friend, welcome back. I miss u whenever you leave for a while. Really. You provide a hell of a lot of personality to this place.

I never bought her a green balloon. That must be the trick that I've always lacked.

I didn't even know they had Denny's in Canada. Those canadian folks just never stop surprising us. You could have at least ordered coffee, though. No cream, no sugar, just as black as night. That's good coffee...

But if you're a Jameson groupie, then I'll forgive you. (All shots straight up, though - no rocks provided.) I've got your drinks for the rest of week.

3:15 AM, July 06, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.