Farewell to E
Well, my friend E is leaving for Texas today. I thought all of us at thesecondchance should toast to his new life down there. I'm losing one of my good friends yet again to the curse/blessing of mobility. Part of life, I guess. Sometimes you just have to let go of things in order to truly grasp them. I wish him the best of luck. I think letting go of a friend is one of the hardest things to do in life. One of those things that makes or breaks you in the long run. One of those things that you never like to experience but must do so for the greater good. He's starting a completely new life down there and I know it's best for him. Perhaps Morgan Freeman's character in "The Shawshank Redemption" said it best:
“Sometimes it makes me sad, though, Andy being gone. I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are just too bright... ...and when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice...but still, the place you live is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend.”
Eric, cheers my friend.
thewalrus








7 Comments:
He prefers Hennessy (of course) b/c I never fully converted him to Jameson. For those buying beer, get him a big-ass keg of MGD. Even if you are a beer snob, just do it for the sake of being American in some small way. Hell, it's better than watching baseball.
New post in the brew, folks. I'm ready to blow up the fucking world right now, just for fun. The walrus has a drama magnet he can't shed and sometimes it just annoys the hell out of him. And he's probably even creating most of it in spite of himself. Maybe he should move to Austin...
1:59 AM, May 21, 2005
I think Miller just messed up by using champagne and beer in the same phrase. Should be taboo.
Yes, you can bring some Jack. My brother would love to kick it with you. He's a die hard JD fan. I'd have to have some Coke with me; otherwise, I'd reach for the Wild Turkey.
I'm also confident that if we get E drunk enough, he won't even care what he's drinking anymore. Not that I know that from experience or anything...
3:16 AM, May 23, 2005
Cheers E, and the best o life and love to ya.
9:16 AM, May 23, 2005
I trust the factor is still developing on its own pace.
10:32 AM, June 01, 2005
Yes, the factor indeed continues to develop, changing and molding in its own timing.
Sorry about the delayed post folks. I've been a bit overwhelmed lately.
P.S. -- Are any of you guys "Lost" or "Alias" fans? I just saw the finales and I'm going nuts.
2:56 PM, June 02, 2005
Yeah, I agree with the predictability although I'm infinitely curious as to what the hell is inside the island. It could go so many ways. I actually love jj's uncanny ability to weave plot lines together and then suddenly throw a smoke bomb in the middle of it. If you haven't gotten into Alias, I highly recommend it. And not just for Jennifer Garner, although that's a plus. The plot writing and acting is nothing short of fantastic and the way he ended the last episode, he's threatening to rewrite an essential character. Well, anyways, I'm excited about the fall too.
And thank God they renewed Boston Legal too. I was worried they would nix it but Denny Crane and Alan Shore are two of the best characters on T.V. right now. I haven't seen T.V. acting that good in a long time. The writing needs to get a bit better though - they need a better humor/drama balance. What's up with the new alien shows?
2:23 PM, June 04, 2005
impatiently awaiting the next installment of wit from walrus
5:22 PM, June 07, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home