Where all are welcome but few call home...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Yet Again

Well guys, I come as the bearer of bad news, as I so often do. Last night the Board of the school met and discussed my situation. They decided not to meet with me personally today but sent only one of them instead to relay their decision. They determined that through personal donations and personal favors that they do not owe me any of the money they originally promised. They believe they have done enough to compensate me for my services, which they (or at least the one relaying the message) also feel were insufficient. The person I met with told me he felt that my teaching performance at the school was lacking anyways. Needless to say, I feel quite devastated and shocked by the whole thing. I don't think I've felt so betrayed since my wife left me. I'm leaving out a lot of details because I'm honestly too hurt to write very much right now.

As for Vanderbilt, well, I guess I'm going to do everything I can to find a way to move. Otherwise, I'll have to figure out a Plan B for my life really damn quick. Actually, at this point I feel like I'm already at like Plan W but anyways. The man told me that the individual board members were unwilling to make any personal contributions themselves but that there is a possibility that the church could find a way to make a donation. He said he'd let me know. So, I guess I can hope for that but I'm not crossing my fingers. I'll be honest with all of you. I'm pretty down right now about all of this and feeling quite lost. I'm not the most qualified person you'll ever meet in dealing with failure or rejection so I'm kind of feeling it all in a big way. I'm in one of those "all I feel like doing is feeling sorry for myself because life sucks" moods. I even feel like I owe you guys an apology and I don't even know why. I guess I feel like my efforts over the past few years have utterly tanked and perhaps I'm only now just recognizing it. It's pure feeling, not rational thought, but just the same...

So, anyways, stop by and have a drink with me because I need some virtual company.

P.S. -- Those of you in my area (viz., former students) who are reading this, well please don't make a big deal of this just yet as I have to hold out some hope that the church will provide something and pissing them off wouldn't be the wisest idea I suppose.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This really sucks! People who use flimsy excuses to excuse bad behavior and choices are beyond frustrating. You have come too far and overcome too much to allow this to stop you. There is a way and you will find it. No matter what some may say, you may a difference in so many lives and your time here has not been in vain. Take some time to feel, but don't forget let "them" steal your future.

10:25 PM, July 19, 2006

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

you gotta be kidding, what a load of crap.

You deserve to be treated better than that, my friend. It really does piss me off. It makes me feel like while the effect for you is horrible, these people had no business running a school anyways.

Sorry I've been AWOL so long. My computer got stolen a month ago and I just got the replacement today. so pour me a tall one and I'll sit and chew on this one with ya. That'll have to suffice for catching up.

love ya.

11:09 PM, July 19, 2006

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Thank you for all your encouragement (those who've posted on here and those who've sent e-mails). I'm slowly but surely rebounding from the whole thing. I'm pretty determined to go to Nashville so I will do all in my power to do so. I apologize for dumping an emotional post on you. I just took a lot of pride in what I accomplished at the school and to have someone dismiss it so casually just really sucked. Anyways, emmanuel, no worries. I enjoy comic relief in the midst of chaos. And thanks for the tips call. I'll need it...

12:44 AM, July 21, 2006

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

loki,

My affinity with and affection for you are deeper than you know. I have more words to say to your thoughts but I will wait til later on today to do so. I've had a long night of Boston Legal re-runs with my girlfriend and I should try to sleep a little. God I love Alan Shore...It's like me as a movie star...

5:50 AM, July 21, 2006

 
Blogger Troy and Carrie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:18 AM, July 25, 2006

 
Blogger Troy and Carrie said...

(Why is it I only ever seem to wander into this place when I can't sleep?)

Walrus, I am truly brokenhearted to hear about the way you've been treated (again)--the insult maybe even more than the injury! I just don't understand the last six years of your life, man. It makes me so frustrated, confused and angry to think about it. It is utterly perplexing.

I really hope you find a way to move still; that seems best to me. I'm praying for you, for what it's worth.

1:28 AM, July 25, 2006

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

dante, my fault. I'm attracted to those bad luck red lighters...

loki, I haven't forgotten about my "more words" I owe. They might come in a new post...coming soon I hope.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm going to Nashville in two weeks. But more on that later...

12:19 AM, July 31, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.