Lost: Episode 2
Well guys, I haven't had a chance to see last night's episode yet because I have a midterm today which I am still cramming for. However, I'm your faithful bartender so I'm setting up a thread for you guys to discuss it. I will refrain from reading the comments until I have seen the episode so don't be concerned with spoilers.
After tomorrow, it's Fall Break for the divinity folks. I leave Friday to go out of town for the weekend but I expect all you folks to remember your bartender's 30th birthday, however tragic, on Sunday. I'll be camped out by the jukebox so just send the drinks over to me. I'll be back in Nashville on Monday evening but I will hopefully be able to check in periodically throughout the weekend. Cheers.

3 Comments:
Oh, and yes, I will add my thoughts on the episode later. Now...my eyes are shut and I'm not peeking...
4:39 AM, October 12, 2006
Dante, I share your frustration but not to the same degree. I did think the opening to this week was a bit lame. Well, I'll respond to your thoughts.
I'm not cynical yet about the storywriting. My experience with Abrams and Alias is that he will eventually connect things but he'll run you through the whole gamut of emotions in the meantime. I also thought in this episode that things will tire quickly if the survivors don't get a victory. I think the main reason we don't know the purpose of the Others is because Abrams needs the conflict to carry the story. That's why we keep getting these "we're actually the good guys" stuff and yet they continue the violent behavior, even if it is in response to the survivors' actions. I think that the purpose of the Others can't be revealed yet because it will serve as the linchpin to the whole story. But I do think the writers will have to do something else in the meantime b/c we can't wait forever.
I also thought Sayid's plan was gangsta. I think Jack's behavior is the result of physical exhaustion. He doesn't eat, doesn't sleep well, so I think his powers of reason will be hurt, which is precisely their plan. As for Sawyer not shooting Juliet, I was under the impression some of the others standing around had guns too but maybe I'm wrong. That would explain why he couldn't shoot her.
Let's hope we get the third story next week with Locke, et al.
10:45 PM, October 12, 2006
I wish that each episode would commit more time to developing the story in the present rather than doing more backstories on each character. I didn't really like Sun's flashbacks and I wasn't sure what the point of the whole thing was besides the fact that She was betraying her husband.
I was glad Sun shot that woman, and I loved Sawyer's little fight, but I was definitely hoping Sayid would have gotten able to do his thing and kill everybody.
I have to agree with Dante it was lame that the others got onto the boat undetected.
At this point I'm less concerned with where the story goes, and more concerned with killing more of the 'others'.
12:25 AM, October 14, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home