Where all are welcome but few call home...

Friday, July 08, 2005

Boy, Boy, Boy

Boy, boy, boy indeed. I just found out that E is without a doubt moving back to northwest Indiana. He's scheduled to go back to work at Applebee's next week. Crazy stuff. The "timing is everything" rule apparently applies beyond me. To make a long story short, it seems that it wasn't right for him to be down there right now and he is coming back to get things straightened out before he goes back. He intends to go back to Austin around January-ish. He is planning on going to school up here to train to be an EMT for now. At some point, I think he intends to be a teacher but we'll see. Needless to say, I am excited to have my friend back for a while. I think there's still some ground to be covered.

In lieu of the London bombings (it seems) the FBI might get things started with their hiring process. My status on the FBI application process just turned to "eligible" at 10 P.M. tonight on their website which is strange but not too surprising. We'll see where that goes. That would be some refreshing news to say the least.

Well, anyways, I'm adding something to the jukebox for your weekend enjoyment. This cd has been stuck in my player for about 6 weeks now. These guys are in the traditional post-grunge mode but I think you'll like them. Being from South Africa makes them a little more intriguing as well. I'd love to hear from more of you even if you just drop in to say hello. I know you're out there because the hit count keeps rising. Anybody have any interesting Independence Day weekend church stories? I forgot to give a bar announcement but the 4th was rino's birthday. She's now 23 but not a day closer to my elderly 28-approaching-29. Hope you're all having a good week.

11 Comments:

Blogger thewalrus said...

bull,

Welcome to thesecondchance. Thanks for the toast. No problem on the typing. We're all amateurs around here to one degree or another. And, yes, you're right, there is no particular theme here other than whatever is on your mind. Mine tends to be ADD at times so everything kind of fits.

More clarification coming on the Factor. God forbid, but I'm considering another installment in the Factor series. Now I just have to figure it out myself...

2:28 PM, July 09, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

emmanuel,

I had not picked up on the Goldstein reference but it's duly noted. You'd be proud to know that I used that book in my English class when I taught high school last year.

Keep the comments coming buddy. I need a fellow speaker here.

2:38 PM, July 09, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Wow. Where would thesecondchance be without loki and dante to antagonize?

Loki, I'll have to disagree with you on a couple of things. I'm not sure that I agree that emmanuel's musings should be considered "idiocy" at all. They are fair questions. Some of it may be far-fetched but its consideration shouldn't be too much to ask.

Also, I'll have to differ with your definition of "terrorist." I don't see them as mindless droids who just get a rise off of making people scared. I certainly think terrorism (at least of the sort we have seen lately) is carefully calculated for a certain agenda. Perhaps you were trying to counter a certain point in his comment. But saying that terrorism is only to inspire fear diverts away from ever being able to address its root causes.

2:37 PM, July 11, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

staret,

Welcome to thesecondchance. Nice to have you along. Not sure who you are yet but that'll likely come in time. Things got exciting in a hurry in this thread.

I wish I could engage this thread much more substantively right now but I'm afraid it might not be wise to do so. We'll see how long I can stay out. I'm off to work but I'll check back tonight.

5:09 PM, July 11, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

bull,

In light of recent e-mails, your identity was pretty easy to pinpoint. I'm about 95% sure who you are. Let's hope staret drops some hints as to identity.

Yes, anytime I am restrained from speaking my mind, I become very frustrated. It's probably also good though because I get to be the voyeur for a change. Thanks for covering the tab. It's been a little tight lately.

And props on the vodka choice - my favorite as well. You shooting straight or mixing? I'm just doing the domestic beer thing tonight. I closed for the fourth night in a row tonight so I'll be hitting the sack before too long. Thank God I get a couple of days off now. I hope to get a new post up soon.

loki, I would love to see you tanked on tequila. That would be a sight and a half. I've drank with you before but never with some good 1800 around. Maybe if you ever get your ass back to Chicago again...

1:02 AM, July 13, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

bull,

If I'm shooting straight, I usually go the whiskey route. Therefore, my grey goose encounters (I'm sad to say) are usually limited to the occasional screwdriver.

No news yet on the fbi front. It's taken this long just for me to become "eligible" so we'll see where it goes from here. I'm thinking about calling my contact agent down in Indianapolis tomorrow to see if he knows anything about my status.

O.k., I'm going out with E tonight to throw back a few. I'll check back later.

9:34 PM, July 13, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Oh yeah, by the way guys... Remember the whole "mark" discussion under the Factor post? Well, my plan is to get it tomorrow. I'll keep you updated.

9:36 PM, July 13, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

emmanuel,

I haven't had the chance to pick up a Mars Volta yet. I'll send u my address via e-mail if you want to send me a copy (are you talking about a free one?). I'll just pick one up at the store rather than you buying one. That's too much trouble.

And don't sweat the NIN concert. If I'm not mistaking, Queens of the Stone Age will be opening and that's one hell of a show. Not to mention, Trent Reznor is a phenomenon, whether you like him or hate him. And...it's Nine Inch Nails.

Ok, I think staret is someone other than you think. Bull doesn't like knocking down pins; but he did like playing the alto sax in high school. He was pretty damn good at it too. And, hey, what's with the debate cart dis (sp?)? Was I really that rude? Come on, at least I had the paisley tie thing going for me...:)

And I'm pretty confident both me and dante aren't fans of James Dobson, in any respect.

11:38 PM, July 19, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

dante,

I thought pigeons spontaneously caught on fire when they walked into holes.

11:39 PM, July 19, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Oh, and sorry I didn't call today. I will tomorrow. I had way too much stuff to catch up on.

11:40 PM, July 19, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

refinance home equity loans

12:38 PM, May 06, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.