Where all are welcome but few call home...

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Early Graduation?

Well, it looks like there is a possibility I could graduate in December 2008 from VUDS. I've been through some drama lately with figuring out all the transfer credits from my other graduate study so it seems my curriculum schedule is undergoing some serious changes. If I do graduate in December (I'm not even sure I want to do that yet), I'll have to locate some work around here to make the bread. Just thought I'd let you guys know, it's certainly an interesting turn of events. I'll keep you posted on when I know more. Cheers.

15 Comments:

Blogger stevepvc said...

dude, this is great news! you're really hustling through that program!

11:47 AM, April 02, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

I know, in some ways it feels like I just started. When I graduate will likely depend on whether I decide for sure that I want to do a Ph.D. (which changes by the day...and on some days, by the hour...strange how the "every hour" days tend to be around term paper deadlines). If I decide not to do a Ph.D., I'll likely go ahead and graduate. Otherwise, I might take some extra courses in the spring for preparation. Of course, all this could be moot if they don't transfer all my credits. If you're wondering why the transfer thing is being done 2 years into my degree, it's because they "don't remember" speaking with me about it 2 years ago. Funny, you'd think a school like VU would document that sort of thing. I've learned not to presume. Somehow I attract people with conveniently short attention spans...remember the high school that "didn't remember" to pay me my salary? Yep.

2:21 PM, April 02, 2008

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

MAn, that has to be one of the only possible comparisons with that vandy and your previous (*spit*) employer.

those deadlines are terrible times to makes decisions. Shannon and I refer to the dark days as "having the decembers," kind of the spirit of "somebody's got the mondays." You just can't make decisions on those days, I think.

10:29 AM, April 05, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Speaking of long Decembers ;), go pick up the new Counting Crows album. It's absolutely phenomenal, a beautiful work of art. Man...did I say it was good?

4:05 PM, April 05, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy... I need an update sometime soon. Don't leave me hanging old man.

3:48 AM, April 10, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

rescue,

Welcome to thesecondchance. Shame on me, your different icon made me think you were spam initially. I do plan to update soon. Were you speaking of graduation or just the drastic need for me to stop neglecting thesecondchance? I know, I've been kicking myself for it but I'll post something when I get a breather from this end-of-the-semester chaos. In the meantime, I'll set a Coke on the bar for ya :).

6:42 PM, April 10, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, seriously...

9:51 PM, April 19, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Give me a couple days brother, I've got paperage out my ass due the next few days. I've got a couple posts that I'm planning to drop soon, hopefully one in the next few days. Once summer kicks in, I'll be able to return to regular bartending duties.

So what happened to your alias?

2:25 PM, April 20, 2008

 
Blogger happyfootsadfoot said...

nice paperage out ass imagery. at least you won't get a papercut on the thyroid on its way down to said ass.

12:11 AM, April 23, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

And at most the emotional state of my feet will be coordinated...;)

Semester's finishing up folks...the bartender's coming back to work...

2:31 AM, April 24, 2008

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

man, i don't understand the emotional state of your feet at all.

Hey homeboy, I just finished my last final for the semester (and the degree!). I'm feeling pretty dandy and ready to get a nice cold one here. c'mon to the finished side of the semester. the water feels pretty good.

2:48 PM, April 28, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Congratulations brother! Open bar for ya. You and thegoose can celebrate today - she's having her 38th bday today. So you both get open bar today.

I'm making my way to the finished side for sure. I will have a post up this week, you have my word(s).

3:06 PM, April 28, 2008

 
Blogger goose said...

Thanks for the open bar yesterday. I think I enjoyed it a little too much though... which means the bartender may need to restock the Jameson today.

I hope you hear back soon from the powers that hold your academic future in their hands. In the meantime though, kick back and enjoy being out of class for the next 3 months.

Looking forward to a walrus post soon. Indede.

4:19 PM, April 29, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be some pretty damn-long papers you are writing. Post something....anything. Even a picture of your hairy ass...leave the rest to your patrons, we will find something in the picture to philosophize and theologize about.

5:31 PM, May 09, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Hey, I shave...

I'm going to work on a post tonight...while drinking some leftover Red Hook ESB beer from last night's keg party for liveforwhatever's graduation celebration. We all had a great time at thegoose's cabin. Hey, I might even write some about that as well.

6:30 PM, May 11, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.