Where all are welcome but few call home...

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Intermission

Well, Act One of the Factor was far more popular than anticipated. So you should probably order another beer and kick back because we've got some more ground to cover before the Factor's "revelation." 131 comments is definitely a record setting thread here at thesecondchance. Maybe this bar will stay in business longer than anticipated. (And I thought location would be the problem).

The Factor continues to develop at its own steady pace...but the only way to the Factor is through the keys... Act Two coming soon...

22 Comments:

Blogger thewalrus said...

Ok, I'm commenting here simply b/c no one else is and this thread is feeling a little neglected. That and I'm a little bored and trying to sober up a bit.

"But I just keep falling as I just keep stalling as I keep on crawling back to you."

Find the truth, folks. Can't you see? If you find your Factor before I reveal mine, you will have beat me at my own "game"...for now. So step up to the plate and put some money down. I need a challenge here. I'm way too tired of being the only fucking walrus in the zoo...

2:49 AM, May 04, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

"My weakness is that I care too much."

If the Factor were so easy to reveal, I would have done it by now. O.k., maybe not. Regardless, it's a challenge for each of you. The real question is whether any of you are willing to take the risk to discover what that Factor might be. And I'm really not limiting this shit to me. Believe me. You might be surprised if you just start thinking. But don't do too much of that until I post again...coming soon. I have to work a double today (Sat) but it will be in the very near future. I'm getting the itch for this stuff and it's really eating at me.

Even those of you who know the keys are disappointing me here. This game's already started so play with me...

3:19 AM, May 07, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

eskimofriend,

Short of the Factor itself, you're the greatest continuing enigma at thesecondchance. Apparently you're the only one at this point willing to walk onto the playground. And you're playing the game so damn well, and you might not even know it.

If you're really as good as you seem, you're giving me great competition. Here's some more toys.

26/27 can be seen but not located on your calendar.

My scars do remind me that the past is real. And yet, in the near future, I will be marked with a word, a word that marks the times. A word that remembers. A word whose meaning lives in my own skin.

The relationship of the keys to the Factor is very intricate. At this point, only one key is essential and that key is buried somewhere within the recesses of my mind. When uncovered, you will find it on paper. The other key just simply scares the hell out of me.

The game never ends...

I don't like high heels (on me) and I've never tried surfing and I had no idea there were sheep in Argentina.

Where the hell can I buy a green balloon? And I thought I was good at smokescreens.

Keep playing my friend; otherwise, you'll just be another two-hit wonder.

I'm a Jew, at least as far as foreskin goes...

MMC

5:07 AM, May 08, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

It's 26/27 but no, it has no immediate relationship to that week. Does that question stem from 1995?

Concerning your second comment: It's a word that marks the times. A word that will be a continuous reminder of the Factor. A literal marker. The word is not directly related to any particular relationship. But one of the keys might be.

MMC is not, as far as I am concerned, the Marine Mammal Commission. But MMC is significant.

Do I have to buy a balloon or can I just steal one from work?

The last time I started returning questions to you, you disappeared so I was fearful.

Is eskimofriend an alias?

Do you see the line?

Why do you know so much and so little about me?

Speak to me, my eskimo friend.

2:14 PM, May 08, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

If eskimofriend is an alias and the only things you know (?) about me are what I've exposed in earlier posts, then it's somewhat irrelevant for me to be seeking your identity, correct?

Or do I have to buy a green balloon before I'll know? And if so, I need you to elaborate, however subtle.

Why "hands"?

Both keys are risks with much at stake and therefore something I must engage. The fallout will land on my shoulders and I will carry it or run with it. The choice is mine.

One of the best hints towards the direction of the meaning of the "line" is hidden within a book called "The Dreamcatcher."

I am the walrus.

12:32 AM, May 09, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear walrus, please end the above stalemate and just buy the freaking balloon. This will allow everyone to discover me sooner.

regarding the discussion of whether "eskimofriend" is an alias:

what else could it have possible have been? his given name? I think that may be the most absurd suggestion so far. I mean, aren't all these monikers aliases at some level? Or are we to assume that your "real" name is now the walrus?

11:19 AM, May 09, 2005

 
Blogger Silas said...

I heard this song this weekend and thought how it could apply to/describe The Factor that we are discussing or merely just a factor in life. It is really long and I recommend actually listening to the song.

Bright Eyes - Let's Not Shit Ourselves (To Love and Be Loved)

"The animals laugh from the dark of the wilderness. A baby cried hard in an apartment complex,
as I pass a car buried under the influence. The city is driving me out of my mind.
I have seen a child is caught in the sad trap of gravity.
He falls from the lowest branch of the apple tree and lands in the grass and weeps for his dignity.
Next time he will not aim so high. Yeah, next time, neither will I.
A mother takes loans out, sends her kids off to colleges.
Her family is reduced to names on a shopping list.
Meanwhile, a coroner kneels beneath a great, wooden crucifix.
He know that there are worse things than being alone.
I have learned to retreat at the first sign of danger.
I mean, why wait around, if it's just to surrender? Ambition, I have found, can only lead to failure.
I do not read the reviews. No, I am not singing for you.
I stood dropping a coin into the pit of a well. And I would throw my whole billfold
if I thought it would help. With all these wishes I make,
I should buy something real, at least a telephone call home.
My teachers, they built the retaining wall memory, all those multiple choices I answered so quickly.
And I got my grades back and forgot just as easily, but as least I got an A.
So I don't have them to blame. I should stop pointing fingers;
reserve my judgment of all those public action figures, the cowboy president.
So loud behind the bullhorn so proud they can't admit when they have made a mistake.
While poison ink spews from a speechwriter's pen, he knows that he doesn't have to say it,
so it don't bother him. "Honesty" "Accuracy" are really just "Popular Opinion."
And the approval rating is high, so someone is going to die. ABC, NBC, CBS: Bullshit.
They give us fact or fiction? I guess an even split. And each new act of war is tonight's entertainment.
We are still the pawns in their game. As they take an eye for an eye until no one can see,
we must stumble blindly forward, repeating history. Well, I guess that we all fit into your slogan
on the fast food marquee: Red blooded, White skinned oh and the Blues.
I got the Blues! I got the Blues! That's me! That's me!
Well, I awoke in relief. My sheets and tubes were all tangled weak from whiskey and pills,
in a Chicago hospital. My father was there, in a chair, by the window, staring so far away.
I tried talking, just whispered, "...so sorry...so selfish..." He stopped me and said,
"Child I love you regardless and there is nothing you could do that would ever change this.
I'm not angry. It happens. You just can't do it again."
So now I try to keep up, I have been exchanging my currency.
While a million objects pass through my periphery. So now I am rubbing my eyes because
they are starting to bother me. I have been staring too long at the screen.
But where was it when I first heard the sound of humility? It came to my ears in the goddamn
loveliest melody. How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery,
to love and be loved. Let's just hope that is enough."

11:21 AM, May 09, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

eskimofriend,

I articulated my identity question poorly. It was purely out of curiosity.

Better watch those goth biker fisherchicks. They can get away from you if you're not careful.

Hands of a clock. You're playing with an important element of one of the keys but "hands" is not the word. The word of which I speak is in Greek and it will be written, or should I say, inked on my body.

The Dreamcatcher plug was simply for those who are curious. It is by no means essential to understanding "the line." No need to hop,hop,hop away just yet. Just spin a little while.

I will visit Wal-Mart today and buy the damn green balloon. This better be good!

How's Alaska these days?

12:23 PM, May 09, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

dante,

Come on, I have far more endurance than that.

system,

I was waiting for someone to be a smart ass with the alias comment and you stepped up to the plate! I meant alias only in the sense of his profile, not his name.

lb,

Great song. I would be interested to see how you think it relates to the Factor. Not disagreeing with you at all, just want to see your perspective.

12:29 PM, May 09, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Everyone,

The next Factor post is coming real soon. I am going to try to write it this afternoon before I go to work and then post it hopefully tonight...if time and circumstance permit.

12:31 PM, May 09, 2005

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

I've always had an affinity to plates and the act of stepping up to them. tell me how the baloon turns out. Eskimo- will my life also be enriched if I too purchase a balloon?

7:33 PM, May 09, 2005

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

Did I read that comment correctly to indicate you're getting a tat? with greek on it? whatever else you are, you are truly one of the worlds best nerds.

Time...is on somebody's side. Oh yes it is!

7:36 PM, May 09, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my lady left her lamp light burning
waiting for my safe returning
in a moment I'll be nothing more than gone
where the highway churns and burns its greed
fulfilling every sinner's need
slowly turning pilgrims into pawns

1:03 AM, May 10, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Everyone,

Well, circumstance didn't permit. I was called into work early and was unable to write the post. It should come within the next couple of days, however. I get way too excited about this shit. The great thing is that I have some kind of audience who will listen. What else can I ask for?

3:32 AM, May 10, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

system and rino,

Yes, I am speaking of a tattoo and yes, I am one of the world's best nerds. I think I have a trophy somewhere to show for it. It will be time for the ink soon, though. A mark in the skin. A reminder and a call. And so very related to the Factor.

3:39 AM, May 10, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

dante,

I knew that's what you meant. I just haven't put anything out there for people to work with in a while which is why most people aren't attempting to figure it out right now. My next post should kickstart things a bit. I'm patient with these things.

2:51 PM, May 10, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

squanchum,

You will have answers to your questions by tonight. I will comment here and there will be a new post. I loved your comments above. Some of them are so much closer than you even know.

Unless I change my mind, the mark will be written vertically on the right side of my back.

1:13 PM, May 11, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

You're absolutely right. In essence, the line cannot be grasped. But I do think it can be recognized. I think the crossing must be deliberate but what is across the line is rarely ever known. And yet, it must be done.

I want to remember what I have had to experience to come to where I am and why it is important that I embrace that and yet continue to move forward.

The visible mark on my body will be a reminder that stays with me.
I'm not sure what you mean by the Factor re-membering. It does re-member (by providing it meaning) the disconnects of the past. But not in the sense of the deus ex machina. It would be more in the sense of an absolute stubbornness to give into certain nihilistic tendencies.

Both keys are a risk b/c I could wake up tomorrow and have to start at square one, despite all my efforts. That could easily break me. But a re-visioning of the Factor helps me to embrace the risk of seeking it. I'm sorry. I know this is really convoluted.

12:52 AM, May 12, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

"your mark will be a symbol which points back to a narrative--something that cannot be deconstucted--it's interpretation will be the evolving part."

You intended the pun on 'mark', right? If you didn't, I'm even more amazed.

I knew my ass had some metaphysical purpose. I just knew it!

Thanks for the inspiring (whether intended or not) comments, truly.

2:06 PM, May 12, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://ujolbahs.com/kzig/jiaj.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ujyeudfc.com/eaui/lmrg.html]Cool site[/url]

11:46 AM, September 17, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

11:46 AM, September 17, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://ujolbahs.com/kzig/jiaj.html | http://mobzfcdy.com/ogkk/vydr.html

11:46 AM, September 17, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.