The Mark of the Beast
Or something like that... I got my tattoo today which hurt like a bitch but I'm still glad I got it. My back will never look the same...literally. After the tattoo I then proceeded to have a few friends over for an evening rendezvous at the walrus' crib. I can assure you that we didn't just drink chocolate milk...although that was available. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that the walrus finally bit the bullet and permanently marked himself with a word that presents a challenge to no end. More on that later...
The walrus also decided to ask a girl out for tonight. He went by work to get his schedule and made the decision to (what the hell) ask yet another Applebee's employee out to dinner. What have I got to lose I guess. She's a bit young for my tastes but we won't talk about that. I just hope that my back doesn't feel like it's been to war and shit by tomorrow... Either way, I'll keep you updated on the walrus drama. And yes, E is back in town, and this place will never be the same again. The dynamic duo is a little too crazy for the hometown folks...

16 Comments:
I'm curious to know what the tattoo says or is. Thanks for inviting me tonight. I just got back from a trip and Brittany and I were resting for the evening. If I would have known tonight was an unveiling of sorts, then I might have tried harder to come.
4:54 AM, July 15, 2005
Yeah, I didn't literally get the mark of the beast. I was just borrowing the phrase and coining myself a beast in the process. What I actually got was a greek word written vertically down the right side of my back. It's a little spooky seeing the tattoo there. Better get used to it I guess. I'll explain its meaning in the next post.
10:53 PM, July 15, 2005
hobbes,
I was beginning to write you off as one of the bygones. Your wisdom has been missed in these parts. I will keep you updated on all the drama I assure you. It's only beginning. E has arrived in town and I had no idea what he has in store. I knew things were about to change but I had no idea what that might entail. I still don't but I'm beginning to have some sort of idea. And believe me...it has everything to do with being marked.
Glad to have you back. You and thethrill have been strangers for way too damn long. Not a good thing. Some of the old cats need to stop in for a while. Rest assured I'll give you some strong pours while you're here...
3:53 AM, July 16, 2005
Oh, I forgot to say that the date went smooth tonight. Just a usual first date, nothing dramatic. First dates are first dates. She's really cool, believe me, and really nice on the physical side too, believe me more, but I'm taking everything slow... All things have to happen on their own time and volition...something like that. Regardless, thewalrus will still be around to turn the ultimate mac on if needed. I'm not even sure what that would entail but it would certainly have to be interesting. More later.
4:04 AM, July 16, 2005
a little young for the walrus' tastes? that's scary, since we all know his tastes weren't exactly for the aged wines to begin with.
give me three weeks, bro, and I'll be done with my hurricane summer schedule. it's been one of the best.
by the way my tusked friend, there's a hilarious book out called rammer jammer yellow hammer, about the obvious subject. you should read it only if you desire the spontaneous separation with your balls that will ensue from the fits of laughter.
11:22 AM, July 18, 2005
stevepvc,
Look forward to seeing you around here more (and maybe an occasional phone call). I'm working on the age thing man - I'm a sucker for the young ladies. The book looks funny. If you have it, let me borrow it next time I see you.
1:31 AM, July 19, 2005
everyone,
Stay tuned. I'm off tomorrow and hoping to sit down and write out this next post. It should be a doozy...and I'm not even really sure what that is.
1:36 AM, July 19, 2005
walrus,
too late...i have to book....but i'll get it to you soon...maybe you'll have to drive south to get it, then the drinks will be on me..
and the occasional phone call has been made and you don't answer...ther's the heckle from me..later, 2coopers
4:11 PM, July 19, 2005
2coopers,
Sorry, I know I'm the world's hardest to contact. I have a love/hate relationship with my phone which has a lot to do with it. Nothing personal, I assure you.
11:22 PM, July 19, 2005
bull,
I'm going to explain the tattoo further in this next post. I tried to get to it today but it didn't happen. I am determined without fail to finish it before work tomorrow afternoon.
It is a deeply physio-spiritual experience. I don't think I've ever had so much adrenaline go through my body. It's one of those things you just have to determine to do and go do it.
I wanted to find a word that would pose a challenge to me every day I woke up and looked at my body (not like it's a certain ritual, just a get out of the shower and pass by the mirror kind of thing - ok that just sounded weird). Anyways, I wanted something that I know will be with me the rest of my life. I would certainly never get something unless it had some deep personal, and I do stress personal, meaning. The tattoo must be completely about and for you. It's your body after all (well, I guess the spouse has to weigh in as well in your case, but it's still ultimately your body). My friend E has a tattoo commemorating one of his kids. I always think it's cool when a parent marks their body with something about their kids. Anyways, let me know if you have any questions about the process or whatever.
Oh, and uh, I'm drinking Captain and coke tonight, followed by a couple beers. I'm having a couple friends over to play some Sequence (a kick-ass board game). Later...
11:28 PM, July 19, 2005
lawya,
If you go the cabernet route, you'll still be welcome but most likely kicking back with the likes of rino and the other lightweights (let's see if rino takes the bait here). Whiskey, rum, vodka, and beer are the bestsellers so far. Well, there's always smirnoff for 2coopers.
I am a card player but sequence is a nice break too. Ok, people are coming over to my place now. More later...
So who do you think bull is??
9:46 PM, July 20, 2005
alright i am really wanting to know who bull and lawla are as well...so do i know you guys from the hill or what?
12:33 AM, July 21, 2005
2coopers,
Well, not sure who lawla is but I think I know who lawya is...:) I had to do it...
That's ok, identity crises are welcome here...
2:17 AM, July 21, 2005
Ok, so needless to say I didn't get around to posting on Wed. My number one priority today (Thurs) is to get it done by the time I will hopefully go to work - we had a water crisis in NW Indiana today and all the restaurants were closed, which means I had to do other things. Not sure if we'll be open tomorrow or not. Anyways, I had some friends over tonight, including E, who always keeps me up debating ridiculous things at ungodly hours so, yeah, I am beyond ready for bedtime.
Side note - for all you literary fans (and this is esp. for dante and leighbotts), it has been 7 long years since we've heard anything from the great Cormac McCarthy and now we have something new. His "No Country for Old Men" came out on Tuesday and I hope to get it soon (if not by purchasing it then thru the local library). I am currently digging back into Book 3 of Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Good stuff. Damn good stuff. I just finished Dean Koontz's "Life Expectancy" which contributed to my ever-evolving idea of fate/destiny/whatever-the-hell you want to call it.
2:32 AM, July 21, 2005
everyone,
I have to go meet a friend this evening but I hope to have the post up before say 11:00 or so. I assure you I am determined to finish it tonight. Life just keeps getting in the way. Thanks for your patience.
7:38 PM, July 21, 2005
Ok, I'm working on it now. I will have it up soon...
11:18 PM, July 21, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home