The Birthday Bash
Well, the birthday bash on Saturday night was crazy indeed. After watching college football all day, the festivities began. It started out with me and about 8 people dining at the wonderful establishment of Chili's Restaurant, God forbid. I had a couple El Presidente Margaritas and a Long Island Top Shelf there. After that, my friend Meda and I hit a couple of bars before coming back to my house. On the way to the first bar, I had this drunk guy give me a nice fender bender in the parking lot which royally sucked but since it was my birthday I just let it go. I think he was underage and paranoid so I gave him some grace. Once we got a thorough buzz going (Bacardi 151 will certainly do that), she brought me back to my place to be greeted by a dozen more people who had already decorated my apartment. They proceeded to baptize me with confetti and other random things. There were balloons and ribbons all over the place. They then gave me the cake with those damn candles you can't blow out which was a rather frustrating experience. I then decided I didn't want a whole piece so I just picked up the entire cake and took a massive bite out of the side of it. I'm not sure why but I don't think many people ate cake that night.
Well, the music started playing and the drinks started flowing and before too long, girls were dancing on chairs, some people were sitting on balloons and popping them on my kitchen floor, others were playing drunken Scattergories, even others were lighting sparklers and throwing them in my back yard (and then there was me trying to put it out and thereby catching my jeans on fire). Yeah, crazy stuff. Beer, screwdrivers, Captain and cokes, shots of Wild Turkey...that'll do it. At some point, it was pinata time and me and couple of others were trying to break open the pinata hanging off my back deck from a leather belt. Well, I was drunk and got a little impatient so instead of beating the pinata I just took the end of the broom and stabbed it and ripped the bitch open. A massive amount of candy spilled out and I think about 80% of it was still in my back yard the next day. So, yeah, it was definitely good times.
The party lasted until like 5 a.m. which to me seemed like 1 a.m. because I had absolutely no sense of time. I always learn more things from my friends the next day because I don't always remember certain events and some of the stories I heard were pretty hilarious. You see, here's what happens when the walrus gets blitzed. First, he talks...and then he talks some more...and then he'll pause and keep talking... Or so I hear. I have been known to gather a small crowd of drunken listeners before to hear my drunken ramblings. Overall, I think everyone had a good time. And then there was the next day of course when I had to clean up more confetti than can even be imagined and my kitchen floor looked like a football team had run through it.
Well, there you go. It had been a long good while since I had partied that hard so I figured I would share a good bar story with you. Hope all is well. Later.

13 Comments:
Wish I was there.
2:57 PM, October 19, 2005
Ok, dante, I'm confused as to why the hell my blog has not recognized your comment for a week now. I just happened to click the thread and saw your comment. It didn't even show up in my e-mail.
But, yes, Foucault and Nietzsche may not be resting in peace after all. I was attempting to wish them such in a not-so-grammatically-fantastic fashion. The never-ending challenge of blessings...
5:00 AM, October 30, 2005
Did you spam my blog just so I could see emmanuel post that very sad picture? That was a dirty trick.
I've already got more spam than hawaii.
7:51 AM, October 31, 2005
If you're asking why we moved from 5 to 4, it's because Georgia lost to Florida. If you're asking why we're 4 in general, well, it looks like we're that good. The upcoming weeks will tell for sure.
1:36 PM, November 02, 2005
No Scooter comments for now. I'm just waiting for the rest of the deserved fallout.
VA Tech has to get by Miami, yes, but who else? We've got SEC cats to deal with, namely LSU and Auburn coming up.
2:09 AM, November 04, 2005
Well, Vick is young still so let's give him that. His talent is unbelievable though. Bama is 9-0 yes, but this Saturday will prove everything. Almost at the level of the Florida game. We have a lot to prove this week. The real question is...will we step up? We're one-dimensional right now (quite like this year's Chicago Bears actually) but if we get our O-Line stiffened up, we'll be clicking. In all honesty, Brodie with a strong O-Line is a quarterback that can't be beat. Period. He has a hell of a lot of poise, and a lot of talent and experience. Anyways, time will tell... This year feels eerily like 1992 though...
New post coming soon, btw...
2:01 AM, November 07, 2005
I agree with your BCS musings. I'm trying to set it all aside though b/c it's going to take a whole hell of a lot of that special "destiny" stuff to win out against LSU, Auburn, and (presumably) Georgia. But you're right - if a team beats every major team (and some of the minors) in the SEC, then they deserve #1. Hands down.
So what's up with the "love of money"?
Yes, I do have a couple of theories on what's going on with "Lost" but if you haven't been watching Season 2, then they won't make sense and it would spoil some things. It's a fantastic show though. I'm pissed too because I missed the last show a couple of weeks ago.
2:52 PM, November 08, 2005
varotarian,
Don't know the details but sounds good to me...
emmanuel/dante,
We can discuss them in this thread if you like. Whatever works. I'm having Lost withdrawals so I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.
4:33 PM, November 09, 2005
Re: black and white - also reference the occasional appearance of backgammon. Esp. the episode early in season 1 when Locke provides commentary on it. Notice also it appeared in last night's episode.
Ok, I will provide this massive disclaimer before any contributions I make. I will never, and let me repeat never believe that I have figured out the secret to Lost. Why? I truly don't believe the writers do yet either. Being an Alias fan since its inception, I have navigated between the Scylla of JJ Abrams' brilliance and the Charybdis of my ravenous hunger for leads. That doesn't mean I stop looking because that would miss the point too. In fact, that's where he shines. He gets you guessing 10 different things and sometimes it's none of them, sometimes it's a few put together, and other times it includes all of them with a twist that somehow inverts them. In other words, we'll never truly beat him. I know this is stating the obvious in many respects but I wanted to highlight Abrams, et al.'s brilliance in this regard. I also wanted it to shed light on my interpretations of certain things.
On second look, I find the wound thing a little intriguing. I was tipped beforehand that Shannon would be the one "lost" so I'm guessing she's truly gone (an always-premature conclusion for all Alias fans); the question raised here of course is who did it.
I'm running out of time for now but I do think the Dharma Initiative is significant. I'm not willing to attribute the supernatural to things just yet. And that's not to say I don't believe Locke. It's a both/and thing.
2:35 PM, November 10, 2005
By the way, I'm starting a new post for this in a few minutes.
2:36 PM, November 10, 2005
Great work!
[url=http://epbtnmwa.com/rgub/fxdq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://kzdzoxgh.com/cwqq/iglx.html]Cool site[/url]
10:45 AM, September 17, 2006
Great work!
My homepage | Please visit
10:46 AM, September 17, 2006
Well done!
http://epbtnmwa.com/rgub/fxdq.html | http://oufcsukc.com/wtnt/tjtq.html
10:46 AM, September 17, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home