A Walrusian Birthday
No, no, not Malthusian. Walrusian. Of course, it is Nietzsche's and Foucault's (r.i.p.) birthday as well. For some reason I feel strangely proud of that. But, nevertheless, I am thewalrus. And thewalrus is now 21...for the 9th time...
Here's my plans for today: Wake up, watch Bama football, hang out with friends, and drink. Simple, but oh so sweet. By the way, I just added Blue Moon Belgian Ale to thesecondchance draft selection. I have been having a love affair with this beer for some time now. I'll run it on special for a while so you all can try it. It's a bit of a sweet beer and it's garnished with an orange slice. Sounds scary but it rocks...quite literally, actually. It will catch up with you faster than you expect.
Well, I spent tonight at the Riviera in Chicago for a festive evening of hard rock music. The main acts were Taproot (from Ann Arbor, MI) and Chevelle, the home town boys. Taproot set a great stage for the main act with a raucous show. The highlight was the lead singer jumping off the second level into the crowd for a nice crowd surf. Anyways, it was a fantastic show and I can't hear right now. October is turning out to be a good concert month for me. I saw Our Lady Peace at the Vic Theatre in Chicago on Oct. 2. That was supposed to be the show I was going to review at my myspace site. Didn't happen. Damn. Well, that show was cool too. And I've never seen a band do a 6 song encore either. Their new record is quite different than their old and very U2-ish but it's really good. Next Friday I am supposed to see Thrice at the Riviera and on the 29th I am hoping to catch my good local boys Local H right next door in Valparaiso at McCool's.
No news on the job front yet. I have a possible interview for a position up in Rapid River, Michigan but I'm not holding my breath. My luck with gov't jobs so far has been pretty bad. On the family front, my dad and brother made it through their respective surgeries. They both are recovering successfully.
Well, I hope all of you are doing well. More later...

2 Comments:
Thanks for the cheers guys.
stromboli and michael,
welcome to thesecondchance (assuming of course you're not regulars working under a new alias).
When we kicked the field goal I was more relieved than excited. It was a horrifying game and one that's got me really worried about our offense. We're missing our top two receivers and now our backup QB.
12:43 PM, October 17, 2005
thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say
7:01 AM, December 22, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home