The Lost Discussion
Ok, folks, I'm adding this post to make things easier for newcomers. This thread is intended to be a discussion on the TV show "Lost." If it were up to me, I would be adding posts on my other favorites like "Boston Legal," "Alias," or even "Night Stalker." I don't get to watch "Numbers" anymore so I can't discuss that. And I don't have cable so I can't go there either.
Anyways, at the end of the last thread, you'll find the beginning of this discussion. Add any theories or comments at your discretion. I think I'll start a new post with each new episode. Yes, if you haven't been watching it, you won't understand the sickness, literally or metaphorically. If you start it, you won't stop.
I am also hoping to get up a new "thought post" pretty soon. But for now, get Lost...

4 Comments:
Btw, I'm wondering if Walt has the mysterious "sickness."
2:52 PM, November 10, 2005
sheckler,
welcome to the secondchance. Long time coming, but welcome home... And since you're my weekly Lost partner, you better stay around to correct and/or support my theories. Not that we haven't discussed them anyways. Looking forward to the tail story next week.
I didn't catch the "don't push the button" phrase despite its clarity but it doesn't surprise me at all. I'm still thinking that the trees are the main focus, not the forest. I'd actually put money on that...with a few disclaimers of course...
3:51 AM, November 11, 2005
emmanuel,
I was using the metaphor with the trees/forest comment. I think your theory about the D.I. is intriguing. I'm just mostly skeptical as to how far into the supernatural the writers are willing to go. To me, it seems like they're possibly working on some sort of mystical quality found within the workings of, for lack of a better term, fate.
I'm with you on the fact that the events on the island can't be reduced to mere scientific explanation. I think the mystery of the numbers (and Hurley's involvement) are going to play a continuously larger role. I kind of naturally get into that sort of thing anyway so I think it's particularly intriguing.
9:55 PM, November 12, 2005
No worries, I was waiting for the ribbing. I was actually rooting for you guys against Georgia so the Iron Bowl would have a luster that it has lacked in recent years. In actuality, I really only root against Auburn when we play them.
It should be a damn good game on Saturday. I do have to say that I have not lost any faith in our ability to win, however. Let's hope our receivers will actually catch the balls that are thrown to them this week. One thing has been established this year. In SI's words, "Bama's Back". Yes, indeed. No bear talk from this corner!
I'm not really familiar with the Fibonacci numbers. I've always been intrigued by chaos theory and I'm guessing these numbers are tied in with fractals, etc. You guys might be onto something there.
Anyone on here watch Night Stalker? It's turning out to be a pretty good show. Looking forward to seeing the new Boston Legal tonight too.
3:03 PM, November 15, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home