Lost: The Tail Survivors
Well, what do you think guys? Pretty interesting episode. The writers accomplished what they wanted in one episode which was to get us maniacs moderately interested into what happened to the other guys. What may have seemed like choppy editing with the short clips for each day was, in my opinion, a necessary evil to keep the audience interested in what is in many ways a liability to the show: more characters, more storylines, more unanswered questions... We'll see how it goes. You gotta love Echo (sp?) though as well as the further development of Ana Lucia's character. I'm confident there's more to come in those corners... I am also impressed that the writers are brave enough to keep the staple characters like Locke, Jack, and Kate out for a few episodes to develop other aspects of the story. Just a damn good story all around... Let me know what you think.
P.S. -- I'm also looking forward to the upcoming Alias and Night Stalker episodes Thursday night... ABC just might be turning the corner...even without that Sunday show...

6 Comments:
Well, gotta go to work. I'll be back tonight. Just wanted to say I am now in mourning over Night Stalker's cancellation. Poor Kolchak...never got to print his stuff... Well, at least I still have Alias to record tonight.
3:10 PM, November 17, 2005
emmanuel,
Nice insights. And I had not noticed that Echo had pulled Jack's dad out of the water. I guess that explains the empty coffin episode (something I had been wondering about for some time). Although it's still strange that they ended up on opposite parts of the island.
Last night's episode reminded me of the Others' spy for the original group. I was thinking about the episode where they discovered him by comparing the survivors to the manifest. Which, if my memory is correct, would leave only Hurley as a potential spy (since he was the one who investigated it and perhaps the only one who saw the manifest). But I think that's too farfetched. Who knows? Just some late-night musings...
12:17 AM, November 18, 2005
Well, it's not even established yet that Walt is with the Others, right? I did miss one episode this season so I could've missed something. That's interesting though. I'm curious as to whether the "not good" is a moral statement or a statement of practicality.
12:25 PM, November 18, 2005
Yeah, I guess I'm curious as to whether the "sickness" that Rousseau spoke of really died off (esp. considering the whole "quarantine" thing on the hatch). You brought up a good point in saying that the Others may not necessarily be one distinct group of people.
I'm not yet convinced Walt's with the Others. I think he's got something wierd going on that's independent. Perhaps something associated with his special powers.
dante, I am in L.A. right now. I will call you as soon as I get a good opportunity. I am out here with my family for Thanksgiving. I am really looking forward to hearing how things went.
9:48 PM, November 22, 2005
I'm going to try to call you tonight after I watch Lost. It doesn't come on here until 8 P.M. which is 10 P.M. your time.
9:25 PM, November 23, 2005
Check that. It's 9 P.M. my time which is 11 P.M. your time.
10:11 PM, November 23, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home