Obama Elected
Just 40 years after the civil rights movement...we have an African American President. I'm proud to be an American tonight...and I'm excited about the future of this country. Cheers to all of you.
Where all are welcome but few call home...
8 Comments:
Woo-Hoo!
10:31 PM, November 04, 2008
How about sending out some props (and raising a glass) to your northern state brethren for this one, eh bartender?
Unfortunately, most of you southerners didn't seem to vote for the winner, but it is good to see that you were on board...
10:30 AM, November 05, 2008
Welcome to thesecondchance d-town. And yes, I do send mad props to the northern bloc for helping us get to change.
My vote was lost in the sea of red down here but thankfully you guys saved us.
3:44 PM, November 05, 2008
Definitely - big fat enormous thanks to the blue states for sure. It still felt amazing to cast that vote though, even in a red state where it doesn't much seem to matter. It was a great feeling, and the ultimate outcome of it all is absolutely incredible. Last night was truly amazing.
5:03 PM, November 05, 2008
I voted in New York this election, but I was extremely proud that Indiana eventually went blue! I wished I could have been in Chicago last night.
Good job America.
8:21 PM, November 05, 2008
I know man, I can't believe Indiana went blue! I was watching it all night. Why do I keep moving to red states?? Now comes the hard part...cleaning up the Bush disaster...I am so glad America woke up just in time for this election.
I wish I could have been in Chicago as well. What a historical moment. Anyone else catch the parallels with the "I Have a Dream" speech? The repetition of "Yes, We Can" was deeply moving.
1:01 AM, November 06, 2008
On this note, I apologize for no politics post yet. I have 5 papers due before Thanksgiving, including my senior seminar so I am currently swamped. I do intend to finish the political post I've already started though.
1:03 AM, November 06, 2008
Interesting politics post from the author of "Blue Like Jazz." Thought you might appreciate it, as a "recovering republican" who now leans blue...
http://donmilleris.com/
- D-town
8:21 AM, November 06, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home