Where all are welcome but few call home...

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Birth of Summer

Well folks, I'm back in town and cleaning up the place.  I've settled into the best temporary post-school routine thewalrus can possibly achieve and the creative juices are flowing.  Now that I'm on a reprieve from my "official" education, I'm digging into some reading that actually stimulates my thought.  Contrary to your well-deserved critiques of my bar-tending skills as of late, I have been hard at work on an impending post, one of which I think you will all find rather stimulating.  My assurance to all of you is that I will get that post up in the next few days.  My mother is coming in town to visit this weekend which means I will have several evenings to knock out some serious writing.  That will make sense to those of you who know me personally and know that I do my best writing at night.  Seeing that I won't be socializing among heathens this weekend, it should be a relatively good environment for productivity.  There are a lot of new elements to thesecondchance I intend to start this summer.  I dropped the ball on a number of those about a year ago due to a lack of participation but I'm gonna give it another shot.  I'll speak more to that later.  In the meantime, stay tuned for this week's post which could come anywhere between tomorrow night and this weekend.  It will be one of my classic critical engagements with Christianity but I think you all might see a few different elements in this one.  Here's a provocative question for a preview:

"What kind of figure does ethics cut once we decide to view it in the biological perspective?" - Friedrich Nietzsche, The Birth of Tragedy

Cheers.

11 Comments:

Blogger goose said...

Bring it. Us heathens are thirsty.

1:19 AM, May 13, 2008

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

I think the moment a semester ends, the grass becomes greener, flowers start smelling better, food tastes better and drinks go down smoother and sweeter.

cheers!

11:20 AM, May 13, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

And then there's the sweetest news of the spring thus far............Boston Legal, renewed on ABC for a Season 5 in the fall! Here's to hoping David E. Kelley pulls some tricks this fall to boost ratings and keep the show off the "bubble" list for Fall 2009. I'm sick of getting terrified that this show will end someday!!

12:08 PM, May 13, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

And while we're waiting for me...any theories as to why the hell HRC is keeping this primary thing going? It simply can't be chalked up to resilience or stubbornness. Surely there's something else going on here.

12:50 AM, May 14, 2008

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

It's gotta be that she just doesn't want to be a quitter. I wonder how many times she's promised she wouldn't quit over the last five months of terrible fundraising.

I wonder if she still is holding on to the delusion that an overturning of the primary by superdelegates would be a good thing. It ain't happening though. I can't imagine she gets another dollar from anybody who wants the democrats to win in november.

obama '08, baby.

8:53 AM, May 14, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

Yeah, the whole thing is silly to me, which is why I'm suspicious. The Democrats have an uncanny ability to shoot both of their feet in every election. In my opinion, it's McCain's to lose at this point anyways. But you're right that Obama is certainly the better challenger (and candidate).

11:12 AM, May 14, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really, I don't think McCain has a chance in hell. Immediately after the Jeremiah Wright scandal, a poll showed that half the people polled were more concerned about McCain's association with Bush than with Obama's association with Wright. That's an amazing statistic if you think about it.

Plus, Republicans have lost some majorily "republican" seats in Congress as of late too. I think it is Obama's to lose. The only thing that would make it McCain's to lose is if HRC was the nominee, because she has already lost the black vote and Republicans will get fire up to destroy her. The sad part is that I am finally convinced by her latest action and the way Bill has been talking lately that she/they really are everything that the Republicans always said she/they was/were.

2:49 PM, May 14, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

hmm, that poll is interesting. Maybe you're right. It's just that McCain is so white and American and moderate and likable that I worry A LOT. Obama has also managed to be an attraction for controversy, although that could work to his benefit in the long run. Not to worry, I am optimistic, I just think McCain has the best shot. Here's to hoping I'm wrong on that.

3:32 PM, May 14, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're wrong.

9:14 AM, May 15, 2008

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

pwned

11:23 AM, May 15, 2008

 
Blogger stevepvc said...

I'm wrong

4:29 PM, May 15, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.