Where all are welcome but few call home...

Monday, September 19, 2005

Living September

Well, I took a hiatus (yet again) from my own bar. E is down in the trenches without me so I have taken a break from insanity for a while. The Red Cross was requiring 3 week commitments, a commitment I was unable to take right now. But it is September. And everything happens in September it seems. So, yeah, I will get up a new post in the near future... I apologize for my inattentiveness but I am slowly but surely trying to get things on a different track. I was rejected from yet another job but I am working on another good opportunity. I am looking for something to hold me over until next fall (when I will hopefully start grad school again). I need to get a job with health benefits so I can get tested soon. My brother's surgery was successful and he is at home in recovery now. Everything seems to be going well with the exception of a big ass scar extending from his ear to his neck. But all things aside, I am ecstatic that my brother is healthy. I have more love for my brother than even he knows and I am grateful beyond reason that everything has worked out up to this point. There are a few more things to be checked out but for now things are good. I hope all of you are doing well. If you get a chance, stop by the newest subsidiary of thesecondchance at www.myspace.com/thesecondchance. I've already had a random new patron there. And random new patrons are good. As far as I know at least. I apologize for my inattentiveness but feel free to take over and pour some drinks if I'm not around. More coming soon...

6 Comments:

Blogger thewalrus said...

I forgot to mention that:

1)Bama spanked South Carolina (and thus Steve Spurrier) this weekend. Arkansas is next... 2coopers, thethrill and stevepvc should get the heckling prepared for all your natives...

2)The Bears did a little spanking of their own on Sunday. The world is not ending (yet) but they scored 38 points in their win over the Lions. Of course, Armageddon in Chicago is likely to look different than anywhere else so let me know if we're missing something.

3)The St. Louis Cardinals...yeah, well, October's around the corner. And if they choke, I've got the White Sox...I hope...

3:32 AM, September 19, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

emmanuel,

Yeah, he's in L.A. doing computer work with a major lawfirm.

My experience with myspace has only been with music. It has been an excellent source to catch new music and unknown bands. I'm a little behind on the acronym lingo but I can put some of it together. I just thought I'd open a myspace site so maybe I'd recruit a few new patrons to the real bar.

I'll have to differ with you on the Bama verdict. Unfortunately, Tuscaloosa would go up in flames this year if we lost to the Hogs. It will be a tough game - it always is - but we'll prevail. The real challenge will be Florida the week after. And I do have to say that Auburn needs to find some worthy opponents other than Division I-AA teams.

Yes, the Cardinals are unstoppable this year. They're out for blood too b/c of their embarrassment in the world series last year.

1:32 AM, September 21, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walrus,

You never know who's still lurking around in the conversation, just waiting for a chance to cry out. All you "Parrhesia" folks dont let a person get a word in.

Wanna see Bama at Oxford? I'll get you a ticket, and stevepvc will get you whatever you want in the game.

4:04 PM, September 23, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

squanchum,

Good to hear from your south african ass. I'll give you some info soon on the music stuff (that is, when I haven't been drinking too much on a Friday night).

I'll also have to say that you should find a way to import Blue Moon over there. I've become more and more a fan. You have to watch it though b/c it creeps up on you. It's a bit more loaded than most beers. Look forward to hearing more from you.

3:40 AM, September 24, 2005

 
Blogger thewalrus said...

anonymous,

Well, I'm definitely o.k. with lurkers in my bar. But you shouldn't let anything hold you back from pitching in. As of now, the only "parrhesia" folks are me and one of my students. On some days, my cat too. But cry out at will, my friend.

I would love to see Bama at Oxford and I'd love even more if you bought my ticket but I don't think this year will work out. You should watch out for your offers though b/c stevepvc might not be able to do what you ask. It would be a spectator sport in Oxford for sure - football and thewalrus. stevepvc and 2coopers have yet to encounter a drunk walrus. I talk way, way too much when I'm drunk and I'm really oblivious to exactly how much I'm talking and who I'm talking to. My Labor Day party (WUGS) ended with about 5-6 people just sitting around listening to me go from one subject to another for an hour. Well, that's what they tell me at least. I really don't remember...

3:50 AM, September 24, 2005

 
Blogger Silas said...

If anyone is interested in discussing music, I want to recommend Sufjan Stevens. I can't stop listening to his music.

9:04 AM, September 27, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
link to affordable web promotion page
Info on affordable web promotion service.